INTERSTING...so girls don't like being called that?

Hey everyone happy here

I was just wondering coz recently a particular member mentioned that girls don't like being called chicks? Is that true? I mean lol, i don't call my gf "hey my chick, how are u" or anything like that. But generally i often use the term "chick" as in this chick that chick.

So i'd like 2 kno what the ppl out there think. Guys can help 2 by expressing if they use the word or think us guys shouldn't use it.

All help would b appreciated

Happy Heb

Nah

personally i wouldnt see a problem as long as that person wasnt discriminating against someone or using it in any sense other than good. i wouldnt see the problem but then im from a young age group i guess so it could be different for others. but i sometimes use the word (being a girl and also some of my girl and guy mates).

thats my point of view hope it helps

~kel

Hey Heb!

I've wondered the same thing, and the only conclusion I've come to is that it's just like most other words... it's all how you use it. Of course if you call your girlfriend "just a chick", she's not going to appreciate it, but if you say something like "you're a really cool chick", I know from experience that they take it a WHOLE different way. It seems that calling a girl a "chick" is almost a compliment if used correctly, because it's sort of a way of saying that you look at them as an attractive person... (well, usually!)

A note to all the females who read this... "chick" from most guys is not a bad thing!

Thanks for reading!

S.A.M.

Well thanks a lot to the insights provided by: neva black and white, sam, amberfire, just me and hellojello in addition to mar's comment.

I think there could me a sort of misunderstanding. Many people in australia refer to chick as in a girl more of a fine looking thing. That's what I do as well.

I guess it's not too much of a big deal but I'll take in SAM's "cool chick" into mind.

Happy Heb