I don't usually get panic attacks, but at the moment I am taking strong antibiotics (side effects are diziness and change of mood) and I have just got back with my boyfriend who I am in a long-distance relationship with. Anyway, earlier I felt SO panicky, like I wasn't in control of what I was doing. My heart was beating very fast and I tried to phone my boyfriend. He didn't pick up and I convinced myself that he wasn't speaking to me. Now I feel calmer-ish, after talking to him, but I have this weird sensation in my limbs (tingly). I wonder if it's the medicine. I really hope so, because I don't want it to interfere with my relationship. Does anyone have any advice on how to control this panicky feeling?

Take deep breaths and on each breath say the words to yourself...

Face it

Accept it

Float ( like on a cloud)

and Let time pass.

Then 'Sit' in the feeling, examining the feeling inside you and take more deep calm breaths. This will calm you down and stop the feeling of panic. Works like a charm.

If you become concerned or your syptoms worsen go back to your doctor.

I have panic attacks regulary, and they are frightening. I like the little mantra above--I will have to remember that. The way I tend to calm down is by focusing on my breathing and repeating in my mind that the feeling will pass. But I know how unpleasant these attacks are--I went to the emergency room once with such a bad attack that I thought I was dying!!!

If the attacks are severe and persistent, I would definitely talk to your doctor.