Just noticed something

Has anybody's music really changed after a relationship? hah I was just thinking back after finding some old cds. They were all Eminem/Dre/50cent all rap stuff and now all my cds are like Audioslave, Nickelback, The Fray, to name a few...its like a complete 180 from the hiphop stuff I was listening to a year before. Perhaps its the lyrical content in most of this new alternative stuff.

Although I seem to get more look cranking the fray's - how to save a life now then I did with 50cents In Da Club

Haha

I think so, yeah...Before my last relationship, I mostly listened to music with a good rhythm -- good background music for when I'm working out or driving. My ex exposed me to different genres of music, so I started listening to those...and also taught me to listen to the lyrics. During the course of the relationship I sure listened to a lot of sappy songs and learned to appreciate songs about love.

Now that the relationship is over, I'm back to the happy upbeat make-you-want-to-dance tunes.

Now that I notice haha. I used to listen to foreign language (Korean) eventhough I dont understand, but I listen because the music is good. Now I listen more to songs that I understand. haha. I guess because the some lyrics seem to talk about my relationship ...etc.

I used to be drawn to more "whiny" and/or negative/sad bands as I like to call them such as Fallout Boy, Something Corporate, All American Rejects (lol). But now I find myself listening to more upbeat/positive or at least faster and louder stuff such as The Black Eyed Peas, Audioslave, 80s rock, Club music, Avenged Sevenfold, Lit, Rolling Stones, The Living End. Dont get me started

Well there's certainly a few bands I don't listen to anymore that have been scrubbed off of my ipod as I used to listen to them with my ex.

The type of music I've listened to hasn't changed though although I have been seeking out new music since the breakup like a sponge.

There's a song I listen to when I'm leaving a relationship: Led Zeppelin, Babe I'm Gonna Leave You. It's beautiful and elegiac and remorseless, and I know when I start to want to listen to that song that I'm subconsiously thinking of going. Does anyone else experience that, of having a song tell them what they didn't know they were thinking of?

My musical tastes have flipped around alot, but I've never taken on a boyfriend's tastes; although I've listened to what they've listened to, I don't appreciate it anymore than the music of any other friend I've had. I listen to everything, anyway.