My boyfriend (well, ex now) and I have been dating for 10 months. I truly love this man. However, he has never been in a serious relationship and he's in his thirties. Every time we get in a fight he breaks up with me and we always get back together a week later (this happens every 2 months or so). He just doesn't know how to handle arguments. This last time was exceptionally cruel as he told me he had stopped loving me. Less than a week later he emailed me basically pouring out his heart saying he has never stopped loving me, stating the reasoning behind his cruelness was to give me an out...to make it easier for me to move on. But at the same time he says I have been the only love he's felt in a long time and he has felt his heart stop beating since I have gone. In all our previous break ups he's never said these things to me. He's really in pain and missing me. He's a stubborn and prideful man, but I love him. Should I make the effort into getting back with him? And I'm not even sure if he wants to get back together.

I suppose his issue is that I have two kids and an ex-husband I get along with very well. I think it's at the back of his mind so any issues that come up just make it worse.

Every time we get back together he improves a little. It's at a slow pace but he's trying. That's why I don't know if it would be a waste to give it all up. But as you said, if I'm sure it will happen again why bother.

I do love him dearly and I know he loves me so much...is it worth it??? Some people have to deal with alcoholic BFs or druggies...I just have one that can't deal with fights. Should I give it another go?

Sounds like you and he need to sit down and be truly honest and open with each other. Find out what is causing this behavior. If this doesn't change you will keep suffering these kinds of doubts for some time to come. Get down to it. Life is too short for undecisiveness.