Dont know where to post this, figured its kind of self injury.

Yeah so im a typical teenager, likes a drink etc. . . but recently ive been craving it. The other night i was drinking wine like water . . and then port, then last night i have quite a bit of whiskey (for my age) and beer. . . i dont drink alone, socially, but i dont know if this could perhaps make me alcoholic when i get older. Need some facts and some advice on how much, is too much.

If you are craving it, it sounds like you are developing an addiction to it.

I would be very careful as alcohol can cause liver failure and is also a depressant, so over time, it's going to pull you down.

I lost a family member to alcohol and let me tell you it really hurts all involved.

I do not get near alcohol after seeing what happened to him.

When all my friends drink, I choose a coke or water, because life is too precious.

He started off with a little alcohol and became dependant on it.

Hugs, Rose

Posting this in Self Injury is a very good call.

You are wise to be concerned. When I was a teenager there wasn't the information out there like there is today. I wish there had been.

If you are craving it, I see trouble. I started drinking at 13 and had my first blackout then. They stuck me in rehab at 17 and then my parents told me after the rehab I wasn't an alcoholic. There was so much shame around it (and still is, for me) that I struggle with it many years later. It has affected many aspects of my life and I don't know that I'll ever get a grip on it. I hate labels, but some might say I am alcohol-dependent (the new and updated DSM IV label).

I can't tell you whether it will become a problem for you, but if I could change history for me, I would have stopped it.

• 1 month later...