Am I , desintegrating perhaps?

I know I know you're not doctors and I should be going to see one instead of just rambling here...

I just wanted to know if someone has been thru something similar to this...

I lost about 25 pounds in 18 months. I had a nasty depression mixed with lots of stress and anxiety for a couple of months this year, and ended up looking even skinnier.

I got over it and I'm fine, but I can see bones now. I can count ribs, feel every vertebra of my spine, see the shape of my ribcage, my wrists look like lollipop sticks, and I was told by a doctor who saw an X ray o mine (long car crash story) that they were too thin... of the thickness of a pen, and recently I've noticed I'm able to see some veins thru my skin (like if it wasn't thick enough).

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like the shape of my body, I feel great in my skinny jeans, and I don't starve myself either (actually I eat tons of carbs), I'm just wondering if this have a direct connection to stressful periods or something like that.

(BTW, I'm 5'3 and 109 pounds)

How do you feel, otherwise? 5'3" and 109 sounds fine to me; I've been in that range many times, and I felt good. Are you exercising at all? Are you able to? Exercises like running, walking, kickboxing (for the more aggressively minded) will provide jarring impact; that, along with a calcium supplement, will build up your bone mass.

Are you exercising at all?

Nope, I stopped about a year ago. I used to walk, do some light weight lifts and stuff like aerobics. But I just became too damn lazy. Now I just take calcium and vitamin suplements, and yeah eat carbs like crazy. Yum!

And Hope,

Come on girl give me something, you are a nurse! LOL BTW, I haven´t kept losing weight, I´ve been 109 for at least 6 months now.

And Hope,

Come on girl give me something, you are a nurse! LOL BTW, I haven´t kept losing weight, I´ve been 109 for at least 6 months now.

Nope. You need to see a doctor. And that would be the same thing I'd tell my mother, my sister, or anyone else who came to me and said that.

I am not a doctor. And I don't diagnose people on the internet.

I hope if you are concerned, you will make an appointment.

Are you trying to gain weight again? Stress can't make you lose weight, but it'll affect your eating habits, so maybe thats it. If you're trying to gain weight again, healthily, make an food diary. Like, count calories, and right down what food you eat. Make sure you drink at least three cups of milk a day, and start taking vitamins (just your everyday adult vitamins), because if you're eating with a deficit, you're probably not getting all the nutrients you need to stay healthy.

The vein thing...I can see the veins on my hand as well, I've got horribly skinny wrists. But, I think thats just a genetic thing for me. Do you tan? If you do, try getting some sun, its good for ya. Its supposed to help with the making of vitamin D by the skin (or something...I'm not sure...). And, it should help with your vein deal. You should try eating a little bit more food...I mean, like, try having a PB&J every now and than including your meals, and have a little bit more fat in your diet. Not like going out every night and having the most extravagant desserts or anything. But, try healthy fat, like in nuts and avacado's and such.

THe main thing is keeping track of what ya eat, and what more you should be eating. Are you decently muscled? If not, try working out a bit, just to make sure all the protein you eat is getting used for your body mass, and not just energy. And make sure you are getting enough protein, probably around 50 grams a day, or close to that.

Dunno if I helped or not, but meh, good luck.

Go make an appointment with your doctor and get a complete physical along with some bloodwork, urine, and general x-rays.. Get tested for whatever they think you should. 109 pounds at that height is perfectly fine. You sound surprised that you can actually see ribs! I agree. This country is on a fast course to obesity. Pretty soon everyone will be overweight. Except me. The only ribs we'll be seeing will be covered in barbecue sauce.

Nope. You need to see a doctor. And that would be the same thing I'd tell my mother, my sister, or anyone else who came to me and said that.

I agree with Hope, you HAVE to see a doc whether you want to or not and before you develop some irreversable damage to your body.

It's not your body porportions that matter here; it's how quickly you are losing weight, any sudden weight gains or losses without extreme dieting or exersice can mean something serious is going on.

it's how quickly you are losing weight, any sudden weight gains or losses without extreme dieting or exersice can mean something serious is going on.

It was not any sudden weight gain or loss, it took me 18 months to lose about 24 pounds.

I´m still on a normal weight for my height, and I really feel great, I was just wondering if due to a major stressful period of time, I somehow managed to speed my metabolysm... Cuz no matter how much I eat now, I haven´t regain one pound -which is great -

Thanks for the advice.

Oh and no, the healthcare system here is poo and I can´t really afford a private doctor.

I've had pretty much the same problem. Only I'm a guy, 6'3 and 165 pounds, and I lost 30-35 pounds in 11-12 months. I was really depressed back then and one of my therapists said that weight gain/loss is often connected to depression.

I'm actually not sure if I'm better or worse at the depression part of it, but at least I have an average healthy body now that I've kept my weight at 160-170 pounds for about a year now, so you do the same thing and try your best to keep that weight now!

//C.E.