Hi..some of you may not know me yet. I just joined a few weeks ago..but ok here goes: my first love and i broke up almost a month ago. It was because she was 17 and im 21 and her parents would never be ok with that. Search my username for the more detailed version. i initiated nc on the 5th. Shes called me since but i never picked up. I know its been the right way to go. Now shes sent me an email..tonight. i havent opened it. Im not sure i want to. My instincts tell me that whatevers in there couldnt possibly be what i want to hear..even if im not sure what that is. my life is starting to make sense again..i dont want that to be derailed. But then again its just an email. I dont know what id do if i opened it and it said something like just wanted to say hi or how you doing lol or merry christmas. all opinions are welcome.

Ag. It was a Myspace friend request. She took herself off me when we broke up...now she wants back in. I thought it was an email cause I checked it on my phone.

I'm still wondering what to do about her. I'm wondering if what I'm doing is right. If she really had something meaningful to say, she'd send me a well thought out email. This I know.

All you have to do is ask yourself: Will I ever, ever in my conceivable lifetime ever, want to be friends with this woman?

If the answer is yes, be clear with her that you are doing no contact to help yourself get over her. Be respectful. If her emailing/calling you is setting you back, let her know that you won't be reading or answering those anymore, at least for awhile.

Unilateral no contact will completely obliterate any relationship you have with her; be careful how you use it. No contact that is done more tactfully can be seen as a graceful retreat. You can come back from that.