I've been in an LDR for the past 10 months with my bloke - I'm in Birmingham, he's in London - it's close enough to see each other most weekends and going great.

So great we've decided that next summer one of us will move - we won't decide who til June 2007 as we both have our own careers and things - then the person will make the move in September. He's a well-established accountant so it'll probably be me moving to him. We've decided to live basically within walking distance of each other. We've talked about marriage and stuff but he's decided that we need to have a 'normal' relationship before we get engaged. Also, we're happy about taking it slow, if we plan to have the rest of our lives together, why rush it?! This is why we have chosen not to move in together - I'm a very sociable person and will need to make my own friends so will move into a shared house! It's very exciting really, but daunting at the same time - I've lived in many places where I know nobody, but doing it for someone else feels very strange!

I was just wondering, do you have any tips or advice to offer us?

Anything would be great - thanks

no, if we move to a new place it will be our home area - near Leeds, a few hours away. i am either moving near him in london, or he will come here to birmingham.

however i have a relationshuip 'issue' to bring up with him so i could be single again by the time that happens!

I don't really have any tips or advice, but in 8 days I'm moving accross the USA (from Florida to Arizona) to be with my boyfriend. I'm thinking of ways to propose to him after I move. I'm excited but scared, I've never really moved away before. Not somewhere where I don't know anyone but my boyfriend and his friends and things. I think we're moving in together, but I might move in with him temporarily and lease (one year) an apartment in the same complex and then see.