OMG! what do i do now? completely ARGHed!!!

sighs

ok, to cut a long story short, there is this guy who has been keen on me for awhile now, i'd say give or take a year, anyway, we have been in my opinion 'good friends' you know texting eachother every so often, the usual... I decided not to make a big thing about the under lying fact that i knew he kind of liked me because i thought he would never act on it or anything (as he's really shy and because that is how it has been for ages, even with all my suttle hints that i'm NOT interested and that i only like him as a friend).

well, anyway, this is where my problem comes in, today while i was at work,he texted me saying hes going to give me a christmas present... (he often visits me at work, i just though it was cute that he visits, until today that it) i was alittle taken back by this, but it didn't really worry me, i was thinking chocolates or something small like that... but NO! he come's into work, and infront of all my work mates gives me this huge bouque (??) of red roses! i mean what is this? talk about telling everyone what he honestly thinks, and now, to make it worse, its even harder to say no!!! He also told me (infornt of every1) how he feels about me, and how he'd love for nothing more than to be my boyfriend!!!

what do i do know? how do i let him down gently without hurting him, our friendship or being horrible :S

-espically when i kind of have feelings for someone else... (though he doesn't know about it)

thx!!!!! :S:S:S

This guy knows how to deliver his point, Red roses, a Hug, and him throwing out how he feels about you in front of Co-workers, He Isn't going to want to hear you say "Just friends" but it MUST be said, It's Going to crush him,...perhaps Deeply, It may or may not affect your Friendship with him, I can't speak for his actions on what he is going to do/say/feel, all i know is that Nice guys finish last...

Man this guy really set himself up good, All in time for the Holidays, Sorry i just like stating the obvious, Not an easy thing to tell a guy is "Just Friends" but you CAN'T mislead him, that will only prove to become more of a Bad to Worse Situation, And the Outcome of that will probably lead to him never wanting to speak/see you again, So my advice is Get it done, You could use the Fallback line of "I'm not looking to be in a relationship with anyone right now" but that would prove to be false, IF you happen to date in the near future, How a Little Fib turns into a Bigger one, So you might not want to go that route either, This is a tough one to tackle, But again I'll state the Obvious it has to be done, By you...Better in person, Don't back out of it with some Lame or cheesy Letter, or Phone/text messaged, Even worse have a Girlfriend of yours tell him the Bad news..Tell him Yourself, That your sorry you and him can not be B/f-n-G/f that your just not "His" type, maybe say that your TO MUCH for him in a good way, that can make a guy feel better. And that you feel more comfortable with you and him just staying Friends, and letting that Friendship grow, Who knows maybe one day this guy will "strike" your interest and you will give him a shot.

Don't know unless you Try, Right?

I know it may seem like breaking his heart, but at this point, he needs to learn the hard way, that you're not interested in him. Just tell him honestly, that your not interested in him and just want to be friends. His heart may be broken, but time will heal it. He'll recover.

Don't let him down easy. I lose respect for girls that do that. Tell him that you don't feel that way about him. He is going to be hurt but he needs to hear it. I was rejected, in a honest way, and we are better friends.

He also needs to learn how to act when it comes to women. What he did, only works in movies. Also, it puts a lot of pressure on someone especially when they don't feel the same way.

Once you "reject" him, don't expect everything to be ok. If he is a mature man, he will act like nothing happen, move on, and continue to be friends with you after a period of time.