How do you talk to girls in libraries?

I was in the library today catching up on some work and there was only one girl on the floor I was on. From the corner of my eyes I could feel she was staring at me but when I looked up she would look down at her books. Does it mean anything? I lapsed into my habituated ritual of acting like I didn't notice or care about her and only when I left I realized I had bunged up a good opportunity. What should I have done?

All i have to say is...a closed mouth doesnt get fed...you will forever feel like you didnt reactg to the situation right until you give it a shot....I am no fortune teller but my instincts tell me that you would gain confidence and satisfaction with yourself if you just go in guts first not to count action with the opposite sex.......Heck i date a cheerleader just so you know my luck with the ladies and still even i get nervous sometimes on the inside but that is normal.....as long as you control what is showing on the outside and suck it up...and go for it...and you will surprised with your success....so just consider this one a loss but if you are ever in this situation again suck up your fear and say somethin and dont let it be something stupid...you will be relieved and you wont have to beat yourself afterwards 4 being silent....not to mention you'll have a girl

Be creative? You could have asked her if she had an extra quarter (if the library has a vending machine, coffee machine, etc). Then you could have said that you wanted to pay her back later, and then get her number that way. Of course, I guess that wouldn't really work if she didn't have any loose change. (Although it would be a conversation starter, at least.)

Or, you could have been like, "You wouldn't happen to be studying for ___, would you?" (Fill in the blank with whatever you're studying for.) She'd probably say no, but again, conversation starter (or at least ice-breaker).

Oh, and here's a hint -- girls don't stare at guys that they aren't attracted to. Good luck next time!

Libraries are great places to meet girls. There have been so many girls I have met in libraries !! Ok, this is what I have done. Go up to the table next to the one where the girl is, and for 15 to 20 minutes, pretend to study something. Ignore her. Then after that, stretch, and ask her what she is studying. Some girls are rude and won't reply, but others will cheerfully tell you everything. You just have to keep trying if you get rejected occasionally. Anyway, just keep the conversation going about what courses she is taking, what is her major, what career plans she has, and then ask her out...haha, one time a 40 year old woman asked me on in the library...proud to say I did decline that date !!!

can you speak for all girls?

well... i consider myself a typical girl. i also consider myself a cute girl... so if i'm the type of girl that a guy wants to appeal to, take my advice. if not, try your own ideas. girls like attention. ALL girls like attention. we like guys to be persistent, confident, charming, funny, and cute. when you talk to a girl, act like there is no possible reason she wouldn't want to rip your clothes off. talk to her like you already have her in the bag. girls hate it but love it at the same time... it's a strange allure.

that's exactly what my boyfriend did. when we were talking, he'd send me funny/dirty text messages while he was sitting right next to me or really late at night. if we were both at the same party and he couldn't find a seat right next to me he'd find a seat near by and call me. he'd insist i wanted him and i liked him. he could write a book.

main idea: don't try and find some slick, unobvious way to talk to a girl. do it obviously, make a scene, let her know you're interested, attracted, and want to talk to her.

If she likes you/thinks your cute the note is cute. If you are not cute the note is not cute, rather it is intrusive and pathetic.

However if you go to a large school dropping a short and sweet note is good cause even if you get rejected it is highly anonymous and you will never see her again.

But, do not make a habit of this as you will get a bad rep and be known as some hybrid "library-note dropping-stalker" which could kill your rep. Haha.

Only drop a note if you really want to. Otherwise your notes will lose all credibility and girls will go to libraries hoping you don't drop notes upon their copies of Hamlet while they are trying to study.

I work at the library, and there are a lot of cute guys that come there sometimes. I'd like it if one of them came up and talked to me instead of just staring at my butt when I lean over to put books back on the shelf! The natural thing would be to go over and comment about books or something since she's at the library. Most likely, if she's staring at you and then looking away, she's interested in talking to you but is too shy. Anyway, you only live once.