A Little Sick To My Stomach

HeckaBekah

So I went on a date a couple of days ago with a complete gentleman!

I'm interested in him and he see seemed really interested in me, but since the date he's initiated one text message, which was yesterday to see how my day was going. I texted him goodnight last night and he responded this morning, since he didn't receive my text until today.

I'm not sure if he's just being nice since he seems like that type of guy. I'm kind of at a loss on what to do and am afraid of being rejected.

What should I do?

I was going to text him asking how he thought the date went. Would that be a good idea?

no, I wouldve asked him out for drinks. Asking him how he thought the date went shows a bit insecurity especially if the date went well. Just call him and see what he is up to, a guy appriciates that more than a text, that shows confidence. Say "hey whats up, hows your day? (insert other comments)Wanna go out for drinks later tonight?"

Im better at giving advice in person rather online, hope it helps.

Well too late...it makes sense now that I read your advice after. Hmmm... I really wish I didn't do it.

Ummm..yeah so he text me back and said that he was looking forward to getting to know me better.

Well maybe I should wait until he calls 'cause I feel like that was my way of showing interest (yes, I know...a call would have been better). Ughh! I hate dating!! Seriously...

Well too late...it makes sense now that I read your advice after. Hmmm... I really wish I didn't do it.

Ummm..yeah so he text me back and said that he was looking forward to getting to know me better.

Well maybe I should wait until he calls 'cause I feel like that was my way of showing interest (yes, I know...a call would have been better). Ughh! I hate dating!! Seriously...

I hate dating to, just give it time, if he is really interested he will call. I met this girl last thursday, I called her Friday, she told me she was busy but she will call me later, later became monday night, we talked for 10 minutes and decided to ask her out for drinks that same night, we met up and talked for 3 hours, they literaly had to kick us out, I told her I had a great time and we have to do this again soon, I didnt call her but she text me yesterday. Its a game, not a fun game but let it play out, show interest but not too much not too little.

I have to agree, in the future, don't ask him if he had a good time. It is kind of insecure.... better to just say "i had a nice time with you - I am really glad we checked out that new restaurant." I think asking him what he thought... showing too much insecurity.

well, just see where things go. don't fall for him right away! don't worry about what he thinks of you, try to spend more time wondering how you feel about HIM. don't let him "win you over" after 3 dates. that is a mistake I have made so many times in the past and I've vowed to stop doing it.

Well tonight he sent me a text saying goodnight so that made me smile.

About him being a gentleman, of course I'm not sure since I don't know him, but to start off he gave me flowers which totally caught me off guard in a good way.

He seems to be very honest and open, which gave me the idea that he wasn't trying to be overly confident in order to impress me. He seems like a regular guy, but with morals and values. Plus, he dressed to impress so he cares somewhat about the way he looks.

At the end of the date I was going to give him a hug in his car before I got out, but he stepped out when I walked to mine in order to give me a "real" hug. He didn't drive away until not only when I was in the car, but when I drove away. He also was willing to pick me up at my house before the date, but since that was the first night I met him, I decided to meet him at a restaurant.

Also, he says sorry to be very polite, which isn't necessary of course but he does it if there may be the slightest inconvenience (which has yet to be the case).

However, I just met him but hopefully we can hang out again so we can get to know each other better.

Rebekah

P.S. Just to add, I met him off of link removed.

Wow all those actions sound like the typical "nice guy" that most women say they like but aren't really attracted to them. Flowers on the first date? Saying sorry often? I guess there are different strokes for different folks.

It sounds like he is pretty interested in you. Just don't fantasize, make expectations, and get attached to quickly. Good luck with this guy.