Hi all, here's a thing I wanted to share and ask for your views....

Ok, I used to have shoulder-length hair. I'm dark blond and its kind of wavy. So I used to straighten it with hair straighteners!! (don't laugh). The reason I started growing it is because I'm kind of going bald, on my forehead and crown. People used to occasionaly comment on it being "cool" or "funky" VERY RARELY did someone say something like, "for goodness sake get a hair cut" or make any bad comment on it.

A couple of months ago I thought it was time for a change. So I got a No.2 at the back and sides and a No.4 on top and use a moulding paste to make it a bit spikie (like the catalogue boys). I've had ALMOST EVERYONE I KNOW say to me how great I look and its much better short. Comments like "what a difference" and "BETTER" .............so the question is, did friends and colleagues really hate it long?? Is Baldy best??

I have to say I FEEL much better, so anyone in the same situation as me, my advice is to SHAVE IT OFF!!!

If you're going to go bald or super short then you'd better have a good looking face. No acne/acne scars or whatever. I've done long and I've done short. Short is alot easier to deal with but when I had long hair, the girls seems to like it more. Some did anyway.

At my age (late 30s) many men are bald or balding involuntarily so I kind of like to flaunt the fact that I got a full head of nice curly hair.

in the end it all depends on what kind of face you got.

If you're going to go bald or super short then you'd better have... No acne/acne scars or whatever.

Make sure you don't have a head fulla zits under the hair either. In high school the bald look was very popular and I'd say about half of the boys shaved it off. Kinda scary when their heads looked like a zit commercial.

Make sure you don't have a head fulla zits under the hair either. In high school the bald look was very popular and I'd say about half of the boys shaved it off. Kinda scary when their heads looked like a zit commercial.

I remember that look. It didn't work on about 90% of males. The fade I think they called it or else just completely shaved. Not attractive on most people. I think it was inspired by Michael Jordon (who did look good with it).