I think i've fallen in love online, but...

Ikatu

i feel the exact same way..this was my first time meeting someone online, although i wasnt looking for some. it just kind of happened.

i really believed we were going to meet ect.. but he dissappeared instead of telling me it was over .

i heard a lot of happy endings to meeting people online.but im feeling the same way as you. that i doubt i would do the whole online thing again

There is no easy answer, and on this one, you are going to have to just tough it out. Break it off clean ... and hey, if she's really afraid to meet you like some have suggested, maybe her fear of losing YOU might help her to overcome it. Her caution is one thing, but come on, Ikatu, you are about to light a candle on this non-starter!!!!

RayKay has a good rule:

If you do do online dating, you really need to meet SOON, to see if there is something there. I always met people I was interested in within two weeks max, most were within the first week of first contact.
There is nothing worse than building a strong emotional attraction just to have it dashed by a lack of in-person chemistry!!!

You are all completely right. Bottom line is its rediculous to make me wait this long. I must say however, that i've taken all your advice and have decided to move on, and not worry about how things will be with her.. I've gone the last few days, since wednesday without talking to her at all, and i think its helped me stop thinking about her a lot. I just needed to break away from the almost daily habbit of talking to her, and i think its working for me. I'm starting to think about other possibilities now too, so i guess ill see how it goes.

Wish me luck

• 3 weeks later...

I notice you're from Toronto, I'm from Niagara Falls myself. I just wanted to let you be aware I know of someone in the area who calls herself Yvette and sends guys fake photos online, she also talks to them on the phone. She's the grandmother of a friend of mine so she's alot older then she says. It's unlikely shes the one you're talking to though but wanted to post this just in case.