long distance relationship...how long can it last

me and my g/f met at school while she was livin with her uncle (long story) and as it turns out she lives accross the bay. We love each other alot and try to see each other often but its hard cuz we're only 13 and with school, no car, and my mom and sister (i live with them) working no one can take me too her. plus its kinda a long drive. I love her very much and we try to work through it and i think we are. i just wonder how long it can last this way. i'm constantly missing her and i was just lookin for ne suggestions about what i could do to cope or make the situation better. i already talk to her everyday.

I think i'm gonna take this one off cuz i solved the problem. I dont need to no how long it lasts. i just need to have a good time while it does.

I met my husband in ICQ & we are now happily married. Long distance relationship takes a lot of time & work... not forgetting the $$$ is costly too. We spent a lot mainly on the telephone calls & the air tickets. The phone calls alone, even tho we have subscribed to the 'cheapest' service provider... costed up to nearly 500 US dollars or more for 6 months.

I am not saying that one is too young to have a long distance relationship. Perhaps you can try to meet up in MSN chat or something every night & have a 20 mins phone call every week. (Try checking out various calling cards) Some gives a very cheap rate. Then regularly try to visit your beloved & have a good time. (But don't stop to do your regular work even when you are with each other) Perhaps, you can alternate trips. An air ticket accross coast to coast is not very expensive (check for SPECIAL bargains usually listed in newspapers) So i guess you can with some of these methods, sustain your relationship for a while. Then again, let both of you be open to other possibilities. Who knows, you & she in the meantime may find other friends or even partners. Keep things & options open.

I hope this is of help to you.

• 2 years later...

I think my friend here needs some advice aimed more at his age group.

I've been there man. I've had to deal with the girl I loved for many many years being around me just about never. I can honestly say that it didn't really work out that way. Long distance is difficult, but love can surpass everything. If you two are dedicated to each other, and you do get to see each other at school, you'll get through it. Don't give up on her just because of the distance. A better reason to date around would be the fact that you are so young. But alas, I was in love at your age too, and I believe that true love can be found at the age of 13. I won't question the legitimacy of your feelings.

I don't think you are worried about flying to visit her and all that stuff, because it appears she's closer to you than that. In fact, if she's local, you probably don't have to worry about phone bills either. This being said, your feelings are coming from wanting to spend quality time with her in a more private situation than school has to offer. My suggestion is to plan maybe one day a month when you guys can get together like that. It's possible to get through this without losing the relationship. Just be creative about it, and control your emotions, instead of letting your emotions control you.