Hello,

My ex boyfriend and I went out off and on for 3 1/2 years, and 3 months ago we broke up and he has started seeing someone else. We havent talked or seen each other in those 3 months. But I cannot stop thinking about him, I am still in love with him and dont know what to do. I want him back, im 20 he is 23, and he told me the reason we were breaking up is because I didnt have a job, and I needed to get my stuff together. When I asked him the last time we talked if there was a chance of us getting back together he told me if it doesnt work out with the person im seeing then there is a chance. Then he asks if I have gotten my stuff together, I dont know what to do. I really want him back, but dont know what to do. I dont want to give up, cause I really believe that he is the one. Help.

Do you really want to be the backup girlfriend? Can you really be happy with him again if you comes back to you after being with someone else? 3 and a half years is a long time and I understand how you would love for things to be back to normal. Just don't wait around and let him string you along. I am no expert, but I would try to get on with my life. Make him realize what he is missing. Don't initiate any contact with him, if he wants you back he will come to you. But make sure he that if he does come back that it's not because he has no one else. Be strong and true to yourself. Think about how you want to be treated, go out and meet new people. Hang out with your friends.