Making mountains out of molehills?

Sean

So, I just got done talking with Leah, she is having an all girls night tonight, and she said something that didn't sit right with me. Now I am a devot Roman Catholic, and she is either an atheist or agnostic. Well tonight the girls are playing with an Ouija Board, and while I was talking to her she was looking up denomic spells and chants etc. Before she left she said that she was going to mock the Holy Trinity. Now I try to not impose my religious views on other people. Catholicsm isn't for everyone, however, I do ask that my religious views and faith be respected and vice versa. I dunno if she was kidding or ment it or what. Do I have a right to be upset, or am I just making mountains out of molehills?

It sounds like they are just having fun. However, it sounds like you take religion very seriously, and she doesn't share your religious beliefs or take it seriously at all. You haven't provided much info on the rest of your relationship, but perhaps you need to consider if differing religious views are something that are going to be an issue for you?

Huge religious differences such as those you have with her are bound to cause problems.

You are about as incompatible in terms of religion as possible.

I would be offended like you are for her mocking your religious values.

Where do you see this relationship headed, because if religion is very important to you, her actions and beliefs are going to create a huge ridge between you two.

Hugs, Rose

Huge religious differences such as those you have with her are bound to cause problems.

You are about as incompatible in terms of religion as possible.

I would be offended like you are for her mocking your religious values.

Where do you see this relationship headed, because if religion is very important to you, her actions and beliefs are going to create a huge ridge between you two.

Hugs, Rose

Well right now I don't know where it's going. Her friend has feelings for me and wants her to step down, and she's not doing anything about it and she doesn't want me to get involved. There's also that religious thing. So I have no clue.

It sounds like they are just having fun. However, it sounds like you take religion very seriously, and she doesn't share your religious beliefs or take it seriously at all. You haven't provided much info on the rest of your relationship, but perhaps you need to consider if differing religious views are something that are going to be an issue for you?

Beside the religious thing and the thing I mentioned above, we seem to be compatiable.

I don't think differences in religion are inherantly bad, but if one person mocks the other person's beliefs, that is very bad. It shows a lack of respect.

I think you should tell her very frankly how you feel about her comments, and ask that she not mock your beliefs like that anymore. Likewise, you should be respectful of her beliefs and give her the room to believe whatever she wants too.

I don't think differences in religion are inherantly bad, but if one person mocks the other person's beliefs, that is very bad. It shows a lack of respect.

I think you should tell her very frankly how you feel about her comments, and ask that she not mock your beliefs like that anymore. Likewise, you should be respectful of her beliefs and give her the room to believe whatever she wants too.

I do, and I don't try to force my beliefs on her.