In your opinions, is it true that my ex girlfriend could still love me and know she wants to be with me someday, but just needs her space now, until she is ready?

Should I let her initiate all the contact since she broke things off with me?

Is the best chance of getting her back to just move on and not contact her at all, so she can miss me?

She has been in touch again recently but now has backed off, maybe realizing she could be leading me on right now. We are on good terms and really do care about one another.

In your opinions, is it true that my ex girlfriend could still love me and know she wants to be with me someday, but just needs her space now, until she is ready?

Should I let her initiate all the contact since she broke things off with me?

Is the best chance of getting her back to just move on and not contact her at all, so she can miss me?

She has been in touch again recently but now has backed off, maybe realizing she could be leading me on right now. We are on good terms and really do care about one another.

It's possible, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

For your sake, you shouldn't contact her. Whether she contacts you or not will reveal more clearly how important you really are to her life. Move on, don't put your life or your desires on hold so she can figure things out. Maybe she has figured it out and is trying to let you down easy. Carrying a torch for her will only prolong your recovery process.