in the end

Love doesn't exist.

It's a series of stages:

Attraction

Lust

Familiarity

Comfort

Co-dependence

If you reach co-dependence and the relationship lasts until death, they call it true love.

Unface, that's a very bleak way to look at life. I think there is much more to love than that... but then, I'm fairly romantic.

As for "growing" in love vs "falling" in love... well, I believe, when you're young and inexperienced in the matter, you "fall" in love... but as you get older and wiser, and have been through it before, it's less likely, and the term "growing" in love is perhaps more accurate.

If you want to get technical, I'd say it's true that real love for someone is something that grows over time. So that kind of love, at first sight, is impossible. But the phenomenon "love at first sight" is a bit different IMO.

I certainly wouldn't describe it as "lust", and I don't think my ex would either. Lust mostly implies something sexual; a strong craving or desire. I wouldn't say that description fits what I felt with my ex at all... it was pretty much, the first time we saw eachother... something clicked in both of us, and shortly after we fell in love.

I guess you could say "very strong mutual attraction and chemistry at first sight"... but still, to me, that description seems incomplete.

It's kind of crazy actually... I know I won't fall in love that way again; now I have to work for it like most people