Period lighter than normal

I was on BC for 10 years and there were some months that I almost had no period at all. Keep in mind that BC prevents you from ovulating, thus the lining of your uterus will be much ligher. The "periods" you get while on BC are not actually real periods, they are just withdrawal bleeds.

I think it's very normal to get a "period" which is much lighter now and then while on BC- but if it makes you feel better- take a pregnancy test anyways. (I always used to do that out of paranoia every time I had a light or nonexistant period, so I understand your worry).

BellaDonna

Hey there,

I agree with Bella. I am the Orthro Evra Patch and when I first started using it, my periods were the same as if I was not on the Patch. But as time went on, my periods have gotten significantly lighter. I have been on the patch for over 2 years and I apologize about the too much info, but I only use like mabe 2 tampons (first day) and the rest of the time, I use those panty liners. My periods are not heavy enough to use tampons after the first day.

I am sure you are okay.