Ex Contacting Anonymously?

I have been receiving anonymous calls on my cell phone lately. The calls are blocked so they show up as "Private" on caller ID. When I answer, it's nothing but silence ... as if someone is just listening to me say hello over and over again. When I don't answer, they never leave a message. I really don't receive many calls to begin with so for someone to keep doing this must mean they are intending to call me ... especially since I included my full name in my voicemail message.

For some strange reason, I feel the calls are coming from my ex. After dissecting the time frames, they match the same times my ex would call me before she went in to work when we were together. The calls even came three times in a row in a ten-minute span on her birthday ... which I made no attempt to acknowledge this year.

I can't prove it is her calling. But if so, why call me "Private" and not say anything? And why keep doing it? She mistreated me very bad for a year, told me she did not love me anymore, and broke up with me. I disappeared so I could move on and I haven't looked back. It's been over ten months of No Contact.

Why?

Has this ever happened to anyone regarding his or her ex?

I think the bigger question is why does it matter who it is? If they're not saying anything, it might as well be a supermodel, a janitor, or whomever else you want it to be (use your imagination).

If it bothers you, quit answering. But if you're entertained by this anonymouse caller, continue answering and maybe one day they might say, "hello" back.

I never answer private callers, as I figure if they really want to reach me, they can leave me a message, then I know who it is and I will call back.

I don't like not knowing who is calling me.

If it is making you feel awkward, then don't answer, and just let it go to voicemail.

Sooner or later, whoever it is will get bored and stop calling.

Hugs, Rose