Breaking up...

Well i posted her quite a few times about my g/f an d i's relationship. And now im completely fed up with how the way she treats me and I am breaking it off when she comes over today.

I'll explain the whole situation so you know what went on. We knew eachother for about 5 years but didnt talk much for the first 3 years. And then this past summer we really started talking. Got to know eachother really well and let's just say, I fell in love with this girl. Everything was great for the first 2 months but then it just went downhill.

She stopped spending the amount of time with me that we always did becuase she thought her friends were getting mad at her becuase of all the time she was spending with me. Which wasnt a lot, i saw her 2 times a week if I was lucky. And she would occasionally hang out with her ex, and in the beginning i didnt mind, i trusted this girl so i saw it as not wrong. Then i realized that her and her ex spent more time together than me and her and i wasnt having it. So i brought that up like 1 week and a half ago and lets just say it hasnt been the same since.

She has been acting so standoffish that it puts me in an extreme state of confusion. And i found out from one of our nuetral friends last night that she said that she cares about me a lot and loves me and still wants to be with me, but she still has some feelings for her ex. Im sorry but if you want a relationship with me, i want it all, I'm not going to share you. And then i just realized it is probaly for the best to just end it.

I may not seem hurt at all but it's killing me. This girl was my first love and she will always have a place in my heart. It's going to be a tough journey to healing.

I would like any opinions on how i should handle the situation before and after i break things off. Thanks

Sorry that it was so long.

I think you're doing the right thing. It will most likely be very painful at first, and she will always be a part of you, but you should cherish the good memories you had with her, and put this behind you. Don’t' question yourself about breaking it off, sometimes we don't realize what we've had and maybe she will realize that later on, but it might be too late. Hang in there you will be fine. Just take it day by day and it will get easier.

oh wait, I just reread your post.... she and the ex have been spending more time together than you and her? yeah, I don't blame you. that is way shady.

I think if your relationship was only good for 2 months, then it went downhill, that's a sign she's not the one for you. I think you deserve better.

good luck

I think after you break it off with her, go no contact, and like you said, stay busy. do sports, organize your apartment, etc....stay busy!!! ask your mutual friends not to give up updates on her anymore, that you just want to move on. when you are ready, start dating again. even if the relationships don't become serious, at least getting out of the house and getting lunch with a new woman should take your mind off your ex. take a vacation...

good luck!