ok....... here goes.......... My ex and I broke up 2 months ago.......Just took some time and space apart.... We didnt hang out w/ opposite sexes or mess around... We have decided we want to work things out and get back together.......The hardest part is knowing where to start.....its been awkward and its like he is holding off seeing me or meeting me in person.....I duno how/where to make the first step.....Im not sure what to say to get him to understand........We both want to be together..... its just making that first step,

So the more appropriate term here would be that you took a break, you did not actually break up. However the situation sounds like you have broken up. If you want things to work out, you're both going to have to work on problems together. Am I missing something here? Can you pls elaborate more on this?

You need to be mature about this. Saying you want space is quite a big statement: it tells him you are unsure about your feelings for him so naturally he is going to feel insecure and be afraid of getting hurt. If you are unsure of your feelings for him then you do need more time and space because you don't want to risk hurting him again - think about him! Do not make any move without being totally sure about your feelings and knowing you really want to be with him otherwise it is totally unfair on him. If you are really sure, then you need to meet him and talk straight (no games), tell him how you feel, be open, honest, matter-of-fact and even unemotional - he needs to know where he stands and has a right to after being rejected. He is a human being and deserves this respect!

Good luck

EDIT: I just read your other thread and you told him you'd be moving on and meeting other guys. Sounds like you used that to get him to make a move. He's hurt and insecure, so don't put pressure on him. You are paying now for pushing him away. Why not suggest that you should have a few weeks of no contact so that he can really decide what he wants? Don't play games with him whatever you do!