Hpv/std

quietgrl

I keep reading enotalone members bringing up the subject HPV.Well there are conflicting information out there.What's the correct answer?I'm seeing doctors giving conflicting information. 1. Can condom prevent HPV? 2. Should you get the HPV vaccine?

One doctor replied to a poster on an online STD message board

"The Planned Parenthood provider was wrong, and I wonder whether you misunderstood. No STD, including HPV, passes through intact latex or polyurethane condom. It cannot happen and never has."

Some other doctors say You CAN get HPV condom or no comdom.The only way to prevent HPV and STD is to practice abstinence.So Which doctor is right?

The second conflicting information should you get the HPV vaccine.Again!! I read the HPV vaccine only protect people against 4 of the many HPV strains out there and there is alot of HPV strains out there.So The vaccine is pointless in a way. This is some scary facts folks. What's the answers?

1. Can condom prevent HPV? 2. Should you get the HPV vaccine?

Condoms do not prevent HPV contraction, they can decrease the chance of transmission, but not eliminate it. The Center for Disease Control has stated that there is no proven information to show condoms prevent hpv (link removed.

You should get the HPV vaccine, I wish I had as I wouldn't be in the spot I am in now. The HPV vaccine is effective in preventing infection with four strains linked to genital warts, cervical cancer

was 89% effective in preventing infection with the viral strains and 100% effective in preventing cervical cancer, precancerous lesions or genital warts,

link removed

It does not work against all strains but against the most commonly spread ones that wreak the most havok.

OK, Condoms do not prevent you from catching it because there is still skin that a condom doesn't cover....This is spread from skin to skin contact. You can catch it by kissing if the infected person has this in their mucous membranes of their throat. You can get it orally too.

The vaccine prevents you from four of the cancer causing types....which are the worst since a healthy immune system will sluff of the other types. BUT...you can be left with warts in which can be burned off....

This is what I was told when I went to get on birth control, they stress to always use condoms to HELP prevent the virus.