my ex lives on my Myspace page!

Yeah what is the tracker?

Questions

1. As far as I know, your ex has to have the same tracker as you for you to be able to see whether its him checking on you or not. Does he also have a tracker?

2. Is your tracker invisible? All trackers I came accross are not. So people who pass by your page will see the tracker icon, hence defeating the purpose of spying on them. Why would they pass by the page if they know theyre being tracked?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if you ex is checking your page multiple times a day. He misses you and is very curious to know what's going on in your life, especially if he's taking the time to go to your friends page.

I do agree that sometimes on this site we need to be more direct in answering questions and not just saying "get over it." People already know to get over it, but would like a more specific question answered for their knowledge and just plain curiosity, - what's wrong with that? Take the pubic hair question on the forum earlier. A person simply wanted to know which people prefer - shaved, trimmed, or natural. Simple and direct.

Don't get me wrong now, this forum is fabulous and a god send and there are some wonderful helpful folks here, so in conclusion if the nice lady just wants to know why someone checks her myspace page give a nice direct answer if you know, if you don't know maybe try to think what would be the reason YOU would check your ex's myspace page often.

Thanks.

thank you very much Settinup for being very understanding...I just wish there were more people like you on this site to understand why we are on this site in the first place....I completely agree that we pretty much understand we need to get over that...but I guess some people tend to give advice by just looking at the whole situation in general versus bits and places...and regardless everyone is going to have their own opinion...and its hard especially if we tend to be very detail-oriented...where we need an answer to everything...in which I am like that...and that makes it harder to just drop an issue when its lurking you...

and to answer Derailed's question...the tracker I use is embedded...meaning that its invisible...that I know of...he doesnt have a tracker...I dont think he does...cause he isnt really computer literate...I just know him well to assume he wouldnt use those kinds of things...I'm very computer literate...and I got it to work...and know how to work around the code...so nobody needs to have a tracker for me to see that they are visiting my page....it catch every visit to my page...and I just happen to understand how ip addresses work...

the tracker I use shows EACH time he goes on my page...it works pretty well...and it even catches a visit whenever he hits the back or forward button...so I can also estimate how long he was on my page...its complicated to understand...but I just came to understand it pretty well...many Myspacers feel that these trackers dont work...and some dont...but some really do...and trackers DO really exist...if you are just the type of person to understand how it works...then the theory of who's checking out your page is true...

That sounds like a neat tracker. I have some stalkers myself (not my ex) and would just love to have this. Care to private message me the link to get this tracker?

Also would you mind sending me a link to your myspace page if thats alright? See there is a way to see embedded / invisble codes on myspace, via Firefox. I just want to see if it really works. Thanks again.

okay, now i am NOT accusing anyone of anything but i have to say i was a bit skeptical about those myspace trackers.

as i said in a previous thread, they were once around but as soon as myspace found out how ppl were entering the codes in their profiles, they put a stop to them. if you had one that worked previously, they shouldn't work anymore. and those that claim they have one that works now, are incorrect.

i did a google search and narrowed down my search to the last 3 months and here's what i found:

"Another thing that might strike a chord with paranoid MySpacers is the mythical MySpace tracker. To put it simply, MySpace trackers don't exist yet. Don't be scared if you look at someone's profile hourly. They can't tell."

this came from the website:

link removed

- that article was published on September 26, 2006 and last updated in october.

Friendster has always had a tracker to let you see who's viewed you but you can turn that feature off. by turning that feature off, no one can tell that you've visited their site and you cannot tell who's visited yours either. it resets the counts when you turn it on and off.

i have a friendster account and the tracker is not addicting at all, at least not to me.

av82, please send me a pm to tell me which tracker you are using. i am very curious because as far as i know, they don't exist anymore and you cannot use one that claims to work because the codes are disabled.

thanks.

Have you ever thought of blocking him? That way your page is still public, and he can't look at it. It might save you from thinking all the "whys and what ifs" but I have been guilty of checking myspace pages constantly, and its usually because I want to keep up to date with that person without having to call them and talk to them. He may want to keep track of you, but does not want to start any sort of relationship again. Damn myspace, its so addicting!

well that is SOME trackers...the codes for the trackers that dont work anymore violated Myspace terms...but regardless trackers do work...well the ones I use...you can place an embedded code to make them invisible on your profile...and I've been using them for months now...

I see where there is a lot of news about Myspace not allowing these codes...but the TRUTH is...and trust me...cause I'm not trying to brag for the heck of it....when I say I'm very computer literate when it comes to html...I'm not lying...there is so many html codes out there...and yes...some violate Myspace...but there are still TONS of trackers out there...that are either considered safe to use by Myspace...or just plainly ignored or not discovered by Myspace...that theory of ALL trackers are disabled by Myspace...is completely FALSE...that I know of...cause I have about three trackers that I am assigned too...and they work pretty good and accurately...there is a couple disabled...and yes I've heard of people saying that...but there is alot to discover that is beyond what we trully dont know...trust me on this one...

I also forgot to mention that I get a visit from my ex before he goes to work which is around 7am...and then when he gets back which is around 7pm...I know its him...as for that is his work schedule...this just proves 100% that this trackers work...lol...I know it seems odd to believe these trackers work...but they do...I get a visit everyday! at specific times....and by now...I know its him....why? ok well maybe I need to explain more how I proved myself that these trackers work...cause yes I myself was in denial:

First off...I have went on private 3 times already for a week long in each period....and as soon as I took the privacy thing off....I had continous views from my ex...it was like he was checking to see until I took my privacy thing off....and it was a week long each!....Second...I have him blocked on aim..but I was curious so I went under another screenname and remained signed on there for like three days or so...and believe it or not...I was able to compare each time he signed on or off, or went idle w/ the times he visited my page....each time he gets back from work...he goes straight to page....and I look at the aim window...and he had signed on...and then when he is idle...and comes back...he goes straight to my page...to see which new comments were placed on my profile...and Thirdly, my ex has a Macintosh....and one of the trackers I use tells me which browsers he uses...and Mac uses Safari as the primary browser...and that concludes it even more that it is him looking....so I've put it to the test....its a waste of energy...but I was curious to see if these trackers work...and yes THEY DO....so I hope this helps answer some curiosity...but um yes...as we speak...I already have 3 more views from my ex...its like a constant thing...and its done EVERYDAY....

Wow, that sounds like quite the pandora's box you've got there! Is it normal that despite your warnings I'm strongly tempted to get the tracker for myself?

Anyone else find the internet is as much a blessing as a curse when it comes to matters of the heart?

So true. On one hand I caught a couple of guys in a lie and kept myself from getting hurt. But then here I am looking at my ex's page, feeling like crap everytime a girl sends him a message. Maybe I need to delete him from my friend's list so it won't be as easy a temptation.

Have you ever thought of blocking him? That way your page is still public, and he can't look at it. It might save you from thinking all the "whys and what ifs" but I have been guilty of checking myspace pages constantly, and its usually because I want to keep up to date with that person without having to call them and talk to them. He may want to keep track of you, but does not want to start any sort of relationship again. Damn myspace, its so addicting!

You can't do that.

You can set it up to block someone, but this only blocks messages and takes them off your friend list.

Besides, even if you COULD block someone's screen name, all they'd have to do is sign out, and then go to the page.

In order for this to work, you'd have to ban the actual IP address from viewing the page (which they don't do), and even then...all they'd have to do is use a library or something with a different IP.

This is also the reason I have made my profile private.

She was looking at it, a couple times a week. But never contacted me. So making it private will probably stir up a curiosity in her enough to speak. Atleast I'm hoping. She hasn't looked at it the last few times she signed on though, atleast before I made it private. So who knows.

Yeah. Myspace sucks, but I can't stay off it either.

I wish I could quit looking at her page. I try really hard not to, but I always give in.

I miss her like crazy.

I wish it stopped at myspace for me. But then there's facebook, and livejournal, and the forum he posts on etc etc....](*,)

Wow... that sucks. Now I wonder if he has a facebook profile...

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Perhaps the problem is not myspace or facebook or any of those satanic people sites...perhaps we spend too much time online? I think I need to go ask for more hours at work now.

hmmmm....makes me think...I should just permanently go private...I mean I can really care who looks at my page...and I dont mind him looking...but I guess its a way of liberating myself from being so addicted to using my tracker...and in that way it will just induce the NC...by him having absolutely no clue about my life....from what I've been reading on here...it really has helped made me understand better the answers to my question....I guess I should just go private....for good...

one thing I learned so far is that he wont stop looking at my profile...based on what I've tested...so what would he do if I went permanently private for good? I guess in a way I know my own answer...cause if he's kept track of the first three times I went private until I went back public....who knows...to think of it...he looks everyday and that just proves to me that would drive him crazy...as for his habit of constantly checking my page daily is obsessive....although my habit of using my tracker is obsessive as well...I would be further healing myself...while he stays in the same rut....I shouldnt even give him that privelege of knowing about my life...so far he's proven to me he is sooooo interested about my life so if he wants to know about my life beyond my private profile he'll have to do some work...what do you guys think? I mean in a way I need to further my healing....and I've thought that I may get a reaction to me going private and I may not...and there is a factor to considering about me just letting go of the what ifs

because he is having trouble letting go, and he is probobly hoping you leave a message for him there, you do not have to make the page private, just use the blocker to prevent just him from entering, until then it will not be your space it will be you and his space, cut the cord. he is a stalker.

because he is having trouble letting go, and he is probobly hoping you leave a message for him there, you do not have to make the page private, just use the blocker to prevent just him from entering, until then it will not be your space it will be you and his space, cut the cord. he is a stalker.

First of all, as I said earlier. Blocking someone on that site does NOT prevent them from looking at your profile. You must make the page private, and take them off your friend list to keep them out.

Second of all, I disagree about being a stalker.

It is a public page, free for anyone to view. Just because he's having trouble letting go does not make him a stalker. If he did that, and also called her obsessively, showed up at her work all the time AFTER she had told him not to anymore. THEN he would be a stalker.

I'm not saying it's good or healthy, because I'm having the same issue. But I don't agree that he's a stalker.

She's never told him to stop looking at her page. If it's a public page, it's fair game.

Second of all, I disagree about being a stalker.

I'm not saying it's good or healthy, because I'm having the same issue. But I don't agree that he's a stalker.

Not to fan the fire, hmmm that would make him a myspace stalker though. Checking her page and that of her friends, reading various interactions-- with heightened frequency, and with the added history of them being 'ex'es... Isn't this by definition stalking? Of course, all within the confines of the virtual world, but still.

I forgot what the real issue at hand is. I don't understand why so many are reacting so violently to this thread... perhaps we are all guilty of a bit of stalking on Myspace to some degree, and it kind of hits a soft spot...? I know I have my days... And it isn't healthy, nor is it helping me to move on.

I agree with quietmelancholy though. It could only be beneficial for him (at least) to be eventually blocked from accessing your page...

I just placed my profile to private....I told one of my friends about it (who has a tracker) and she's caught him looking on her page all the time to see my comments.....she actually just showed me a view from him today....geez...is my life that interesting to him? and the tracker she uses shows the picture of his profile and all....and she forwarded me all the info...wasnt really pleasant seeing his picture...but it was even more assuring that these trackers work...cause I was able to see his ip address, his picture...and the provider he uses....

I do personally feel that it was quite obsessive though...how my ex was checking my page....knowing that he would go to my friend's page and all...the reason why? who knows....but he was the dumper...and thats questionable of why he's so concerned about my page...he must be either so nosy or who knows? cause I have another ancient ex on my friend list myself...and I dont go to his page everyday...(I dont have this ex on my friend list at all) I probably once in a blue moon go to this ancient ex's page...when I remember to! lol....and I was the dumper....so its kinda odd why ex would be on there all the time....

Hi AV82

I just found this thread. Im a blogger and my ex used to read my blog many times a day and I have a tracker so I know how these things mess with your head. You can choose to go private - I did the same thing with my blog - but I got really "lonely" like that. I recently found out that you can trick the trackers under whats called anonymous proxy and then your stats wont show up at all. Im not recommending you do that, I guess my point is that Im starting to see how this tracker thing is really messed up and that maybe the best thing is to not have a tracker at all and just never write anything thats not ok for everyone to know.

Regarding your ex - there is no doubt in my mind that he still has feelings for you if he checks on you many times a day. No doubt.

I would just call him on it. I would email him and say something but be nice about it.

I'm curious what your opinion is on someone who check mine a couple times a week. Would that mean the same thing? She's the type of person who's never obsessive or attached, even if she really loves someone. She's a "stoner type". The only way to put it really.

The last couple times she signed on she hasn't looked at it, or so the tracker says.

It seems she checked it and read all my blog entries once or twice a week. Started back in early October and ever since she was doing that. I made it private a couple days ago.

But I was just curious what you (or anyone really) think this could mean or not mean?

Left behind - I dont know what it means when someone checks your profile a couple times a week. I just dont know. My point with the first post is that it can drive you a lil bit crazy to think about it too much. So Im suggesting getting rid of the tracker if its messing with your head. And especially nowadays when the tracker doesnt really track anything if people dont want to be found.... What are you gonna do? The only thing you can do is shrug and stop thinking about it.

I have no idea what your story is or hers. But because you say that shes a stoner type - in my experience from previous relationships - people who smoke a lot of it become very emotionally unavailable. So if thats really the case its going to give you a lot of trouble to try to find out her true feelings. Just saying.

You can't do that.

You can set it up to block someone, but this only blocks messages and takes them off your friend list.

Besides, even if you COULD block someone's screen name, all they'd have to do is sign out, and then go to the page.

In order for this to work, you'd have to ban the actual IP address from viewing the page (which they don't do), and even then...all they'd have to do is use a library or something with a different IP.

Good Lord maybe I should make my page private then, haha! I blocked someone a while ago who I did not want to know ANYTHING about me, thinking they wouldn't be able to see it..I guess I am computer dumb. Thanks for the heads up!