Increasing family tension

The relationship I have with my parents, especially my mom, has always been modest. There were of course the ups and downs, but it wasn't until this past year or so that I am begin to feel isolated and irritated with living under the roof I have called home for my entire life. If I had the money and a plan, I would move out and live by myself. But I don't, so I am technically left with no choice for the time being until I hopefully move accross the country in a year to a transfer college.

My dad understands me more as a person than my mom. There is no way of thanking them for the great things they have done for me all along, from priviledges to materialistic possessions to what have you. I've practically gotten the world handed to me. But I've come to point in my life where I feel that with all the love I have for them, especially my mom (who I've been the most irritated with lately), I need to shift gears, get away, and start over and make my own choices. Life feels stale in the house. I feel isolated and aliented in a way.

I've always been a pacifist, while my mom is more of an aggressor when it comes to tension. Her side of the family is like that.

I just don't know what to do. I want things to change. Every day I come home from school, I get slightly more impatient with moving out and being my own dictator.