I want to host a party, but I'm worried nobody will come

The title says most of it. I want to host a party at my house (in 2 weeks) for Halloween... but I have 2 big fears: 1) hardly anybody will come, 2) if people do come, they won't have a good time and they won't ever come back. Given these fears, I'm tempted to NOT have the party, and I'm stuck in this limbo of no action until I decide.

I've never hosted a party at my house before, by myself. When I was married my ex and I hosted a few here, and they were fine. She has been gone for almost 3 years now, and I've yet to have a party here again.

I WANT to have the party, but I'm so scared... I feel like a little kid.

Well, from a purely practical standpoint, trying to throw together a party in 2 weeks generally isn't enough time...particularly when you're talking about an event like Halloween where there are a number of other events going on in the same time frame, and people are likely to be commited to other events already.

What I'd suggest if you want to entertain is start small and build your confidence as a party planner/host. Maybe invite 4-6 people over for dinner some evening and see how that goes. If you know someone who entertains frequently (and you'll be inviting them) enlist their help so you can see how they do it, benefit from their experience, and get some help with things like cleaning, food prep, activity planning, etc.

I'm in the midst of planning a sort of housewarming party myself and I sent out invites a little over 4 weeks in advance. IMO, people are so busy nowadays that you need to give them that kind of time to plan ahead...plus you need to give yourself that time to plan out a menu, and do the other party prep. The last thing you want is to do everything in a last minute rush and be tired, cranky and irritable at your own party, y'know?

Throwing a party, no matter how big or small, can be fun for you and your guests. In my experience, the more time you put in ahead of time prepping and planning, the better it will go.

hiya i hosted a few parties and every one has always enjoyed them its my b day soon and i aint haveing a party this year i am going into town with a load of mates. when i had the parties i kept the food simple and plenty of it . ask people see what they say .