Loving husband fearing divorce - needs help

• 4 months later...

Lost,

It's kind of amazing but you and I are EXACTLY in the same situation. The only difference is I have one daughter instead of two children. My wife seems so happy that things are moving forward. However, I'm completely devastated. I actually asked her last night, "how can it not sadden you what we are going through right now"? She told me, flat out: "Where you are now, I was 3 to 6 months ago". Unfortunately, we didn't address it then I guess. Now it seem to be too late. We start counseling on Tuesday and I'm hoping it sheds some light on things.

It really hurts to know that someone you love so much doesn't love you back (or isn't in love with you at least). Hang in there, you are not alone...

• 3 weeks later...

I am so sorry that you are in pain. I love being married and don't want to end my 18 year marriage. But my husband acts as if I am the worst person in the world. I support him 100%. He does what he wants, when he wants to. He never tell me where or when he will be back. I do all the food shopping, house cleaning etc. I have a good career and make good money! We have a great house! I am 40 years old and am told I look like I am 28. So I guess that means I still have it! I don't get it - he doesn't care. Why can't he be as passioned as you appear to be.

Good luck to you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Lost in Pain

It sounds like our situation is pretty similar, but you at least have your wife still in the house. I don't know if you have read The Divorce Remedy or not, but it is a good book and it will make you feel good about yourself. Keep focused on little positive changes in your wife and make sure you take care of those children. I am in both counseling for myself and as a couple, I too have not seen any changes in my wife except for negative ones. But I keep strong for the 2 children I have and for myself. Just keep your head up and stay positive about yourself believe me she will notice. I was actually told in my last counseling session to stop being so positive, but of course I told them no way. I feel the pain you do believe me, but stay positive this will help you in either way this turns out.

Sorry but this thread is a few months old and we havent heard nigh from Lostinpain since last November! I am also going through something like this but have 3 kids in the picture - wife had an emotional affair to kick it off but said she fell out of love for me a few years ago. Funny how we can miss these most important things about our relationship with women!!!

Wonder where Lost went to and what happened...