You should probably check with your doctor. They may prescribe some medication to relieve the pain and some physical therapy to help.

In the meantime rest the area and apply ice or heat to the area if it helps your symptoms. Take some over the counter pain relievers like ibuprofin or naproxin.

I would go see a doctor ASAP because sometimes a pinched nerve can be indicative of other, far worse, problems. A few years ago, I pinched my nerve from skiing and was suffering excruciating pain. The pain never really went away and eventually developed feelings of tingling in my fingers that got worse. I went to see a neurologist and after a full spinal and brain MRI, I found out that I have a fluid-filled cyst at the back of my brain as well as C1 and C2 portions of my backbone are fused together and are pushing on the upper portion of my spine as I get older.

You never know what really is going on unless you get it checked out.

I would go see a doctor ASAP because sometimes a pinched nerve can be indicative of other, far worse, problems. A few years ago, I pinched my nerve from skiing and was suffering excruciating pain. The pain never really went away and eventually developed feelings of tingling in my fingers that got worse. I went to see a neurologist and after a full spinal and brain MRI, I found out that I have a fluid-filled cyst at the back of my brain as well as C1 and C2 portions of my backbone are fused together and are pushing on the upper portion of my spine as I get older.

You never know what really is going on unless you get it checked out.

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yvette, don't panic, just go and get it checked out. I was just worse case scenario. The only reason I went to the doctor was because the pain DIDNT go away and I developed tingling sensations in my fingers.

With my situation, I need surgery to correct it, but the surgery is dangerous and the recovery period is long, so I am putting it off until it causes too much discomfort and pain.