im fallin again - with a guy online!!!

dont give up hope! my ex is goin...goin...goin - and nearly gone. im not rebound gal cos rebound ppl dont have true feelings for the next person who comes their way. But i will tell you i have feelings for this guy thats all i will say.

i do welcome advice tho cos he's online and i dont know him face-to-face but he has told me a lot bout him. he speaks my language. i ahave known him few days now but i feel he is male version of me. i have fallen for him. I really have.

hey Southerngirl all i can say is i hope im not in rebound with him - i have never gone rebound - well i dont think i have but i have heard my friends and other ppl mention that to me.i dont really know how one feels when they go that way but i really like him cos he makes me laugh.

i love cats (apart from spiderman-hahha) but he has sent me funny cat videos and i have sent him ones too. I have laughed for 3 days straight over him. I have never laughed so much. My ex made me cry a lot nearly a year before we broke off.

But i dont want to be rebount gal to this guy Southerngal i really dont you know?

don't fall for ANYONE until you have met them in person! you never know who you are really talking to.

i remember last year.... funny story..... a man in italy made arrangements to meet this woman on the beach. they had been corresponding for a year on the internet, and had both decided the other was 'the one.'

When he gets to the beach... he finds out.... the dream woman is ...... HIS MOTHER!!!!!

they both put up fake and more flattering photos on the internet!!!

talk about an awkward meeting! i guess it is true, a man's dream woman is his mother

anyways, thought that might make you laugh....

i think it's a rebound also but enjoy it, but don't get too serious.

"don't fall for ANYONE until you have met them in person! you never know who you are really talking to.

i remember last year.... funny story..... a man in italy made arrangements to meet this woman on the beach. they had been corresponding for a year on the internet, and had both decided the other was 'the one.'

When he gets to the beach... he finds out.... the dream woman is ...... HIS MOTHER!!!!!

they both put up fake and more flattering photos on the internet!!!

talk about an awkward meeting! i guess it is true, a man's dream woman is his mother

anyways, thought that might make you laugh....

i think it's a rebound also but enjoy it, but don't get too serious."

Annie24 i read your post. i saw the funny side but heck i dont want it to happen to me. im not usually naive and i really dont want to be rebound gal but hence the reason i post this. I want all the advice i can gather. I just wish Enotalone could all talk to me in my appt. i really value and need all the advice i can get.

I am gonna be careful in every way. I am a black belt (just in case) heheh. but still i dont really know him - obviously. He is a Christian and he hads quoted from the Bible but anyone could do that. We have agreed to meet in about 5 weeks. Am i being naive???????

oh, there's nothing wrong with meeting online. just saying, be careful and don't fall for him before you meet him!

meet in a public area, during the day for the first meeting. coffee or ice cream would be good. tell your friends that you are meeting him. if you don't like him, tell him you have to get going. don't meet him at your place, don't tell him where you live.

if you show up and he is a decent guy and you like him, then start telling him more about yourself.

Annie24 i will definitely let my friends know where i am - didnt think of that till you mentioned it. Thanks again. I told him coffee if we were to met. We havent arranged yet but if we do i know a place where i will be safe. And NO WAy are we gonna meet locally. If he suggests meeting locally then i know its not good. Im living in Dublin (and i know im up till all hours in the morning cos i cant sleep!) and i know the best place in city centry to meet and i will tell my mother and a few of my friends. I have not met him face to face yet so you are right Southerngirl I cant fall for him till ive met him.

ohhhh dilemma time.

And Rightfromthestart i dont have a webcame and neither does he.

ohhhh dilemma time.

Sinead....

i am in exsactly the same position!!!!! i have fallen well and truly in love with a guy online. Its the most terrifying thing in the world....

Check out the thread i posted "can you love someone before you've met them"

I think what you are feeling is VERY real. I truly believe that this love is deeper as the physical side is removed....you get to know the true "person".

I am with you all the way on this one! I'm meeting him tomorrow - and i am completely bricking my pants!lol....mixture of excitment and nerves!

Keep me posted!!!

XX

Congrats to all of you. It sounds like you do well meeting people online. Where in the world online do you go? Also please be very careful and set a time to call someone and let them know you are alright. Make it within the first hour of meeting and let him know you did it for that reason. This way he will know that people are looking out for you and you aren't crazy for meeting a physco killer. He should be glad you are careful and allow you time to make the call. Just be open and honest.

I also want to say falling in love is not something that can occur online IMHO. You really need to meet the person face to face and get to know them by their actions not words. I am not saying you can't have strong feelings for someone online but love is a little more than that. Just my 2 cents. Enjoy and send me some sites please.

Thank you so much for the advice Ibenhad and believe me they are things i would be worried about. I will have to be sensible and i plan to get to know him for as long as i can.

I found the site by searching for it through google. Cos im sick of non-Christian Irish men (no offense if there are any Irish men here).

I found a Christian one. It was link removed. You sign an application thing and just put in your country etc.

Hi again Sinead!

Cool, you met a new guy-I'm all smiles! You know what they say, the best way to get over one man is to get under another. HA HA HA! I'm kidding- I mean, I've definitely heard that before, but I don't suggest you try that!

Seriously though, it's good you're starting to find reasons to laugh again. Especially since your ex seems to have brought you nothing but misery and self-doubt...yuck! Do be careful with your heart though, it's probably still pretty fragile, though it may not seem like it to you now. Internet connections can go either way-- my one friend met a bunch of losers, but I have another friend who is happily married to the man she met online.

In any case, I'm crossing my fingers for you, and thrilled to hear such great news coming from ya!

xo

Silly