Wanting to get back together after 2 breakups

Hey everyone, I am going to make this as short and to the point as possible. I have gotten a lot of advice from friends, but after reading a lot of posts on this site I Thought I would give it a shot so any advice would be appreciated. =)

My situation is that right now I am single. My ex broke up with me exactly 3 months ago from today. We started out as friends. She wanted me for awhile but I didn't want to go out with her, and about 8 months of being friends I asked her out. We went out for almost a year and a half. During that time, she was very in love with me and felt like she could marry me and hasn't loved/wanted anyone more than me. During that time though, I did cheat on her. We took some time apart and she decided she wanted to stay with me. We went out for about 8 months after that and then I broke up with her because I was having the feelings of wanting to be single, and at the time I was kind of interested in someone else who was interested in me.

I broke up with her, and then during that time we stayed friends, talked, hung out, etc. During that time I realized what I did was wrong, and that I really did love her and have very strong feelings for her, etc. I stopped seeing the girl I broke up with her for, and 5 months after we broke up, we got back together. We went out for about a month and a half, and then she broke up with me. Her reason was that she didn't feel the same as she did the first time we were going out. It basically has to do with trust.

Now, it's been 3 months, and her and I still talk and we are still friends. We hang out as friends and have a good time together. We still give eac other hugs and there are times where she will put her feet up on me whlie sitting next to me. We will play fight and tickle each other and have fun. I know she needs this time to move on, and I need to move on, but it's veyr hard for me to move on. I still love her very much, feel like crap for what I did to her (cheating) and want to be with her, so sometimes it's very hard on me to still be her friend since I want to be more. I guess what I'm needing to know is, should I distance myself from her, or do I just go on staying her friend? She has told me that I should move on because it wouldn't be fair to ask me to stick around since she doesn't know what she wants. I don't know what to do. I know I need to take care of myself, go out, be happy, have fun, etc but it's just so hard even after 3 months. Does anyone think that maybe we will get back together? This probably isn't a lot of detail and I would love to give more detail if someone wants it.. I need to know how I can move on and I'm always wondering in the back of my head what does she want and does she think we will ever be together again.. she mentioned that being friends is part of rebuilding trust, so I am not exactly sure what that means...

Ok sorry this wasn't too short but I didn't include much detail.. .any questions/comments would be greatly appreciated!

wow. ive been in a situation a lot like yours. i broke up with my boyfriend to go out with someone else. i went out with his friends. he cheated on me. a whole lot of $hit happened. but whenever we were broke up, we acted a lot like what it sounds like you and this girl act like. i tried moving on repeated times and it didnt work. now...me and this guy are together again. we earned each others trust back, which took a while, but our relationship now is better than it ever was before. we both love each other a lot. just from experience, trying to move on didnt work, but if you want to try it, go ahead.just go with what you feel about this girl. and how u feel about each other.

Well, well! It sounds like you love her very much and possibly you weren't ready for a relationship until now. I think she loves you and kind of wants one too beacause she still hangs out with you so much. And also it sound like you two get along well.

Cheating is a terrible thing. Just say no! She probably felt like she HAD to break up with you just to justify her feelings of betrayel. But, if you think that you could earn her trust, be patient with her and be honest with her. Turn on the charm and ask for her back. She may say no, I don't know her so I couldn't tell you, but she may say yes! I hope it works out for you. sashagirl

well, ask her if anything will happen again after time.

i mean she did say being friends is a way to rebuild trust between u guys, does tht mean when she trusts u again she'll get back with u? ur supposed to ask her tht, ask if u anw ait for her? or its a NO-NO and tht u must go on and seee other ppl.

or maybe if u did tell her ur seeing other ppl she'll go back to her senses and realize shes in love with u. but id rather u just ask her heh.

Goodluck!! see ya!