have I harmed my unborn child already

ensign_19

Hi i am 8 weeks pregnant but only found out a couple of days . just prior to that while i was pregnant but didnt know about it I fasted on just lemon water for 14 days to cleanse my body and I am so worried I have harmed the baby, please can anyone give me any information about what can happen and when the fetus really starts taking nutrition directly from the mother

I know nutrition is vital during pregnancy. However, I've heard of people that didn't know they were pregnant for months and didn't take care of themselves - they had healthy babies.

Make sure to tell your doctor. He may take extra precautions or tests to verify that everything is okay.

Btw - Congratulations!

That baby is so small (less than the size of a grain of rice), I bet it will take whatever it needs from you. When I was pregnant during the first 5-8 weeks, my heart was racing, I couldn't eat anything I was so averted to foods and my doctor said not to worry, that the baby will take what it needs from you. Having said that, it needs folic acid, especially NOW! So be sure to get at least 0.6 of Folate/day and be sure to assess later for neural tube defects. I'm a little worried myself, but I started with the prenatals at week 4, two weeks after the baby was conceived. I would discuss all concerns with your doctor and know that worry is not any remedy. The best thing you can do is eat right from now on, take prenatals, and get good healthcare.

Who knows, the purification process MAY have even helped the baby. I fasted once for 7 days (only drank water) and felt like a million dollars, but not while pregnant. How much weight did you lose?