Good books to read to make you forget???

Hello everyone,

I need some advice on good books to read that will take my mind of this harrowing pain inside my chestlungsheartheadeyesearsnosesoul?

I've read "We need to talk about Kevin" which was really good. I know it sounds twisted, but reading about other people's personal tragedies makes me feel not so insanely self-involved...

I recently went to a children's home to spread some joy and play and sing with the kids - wow! That helped me so much! They've been through hell, but still have the energy and oomf! to hang upside down on a jungle gym, run around for two hours and sing every kiddie-song known to man! (Or maybe it's just all that sugar!) Was really healing and inspiring.

Anyway, would love some suggestions. I feel kinda OK now, but need some distraction for when it's truly difficult... Which is, like, every other second prior to and after this second!

The Five Things We Cannot Change....and the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them, by David Richo.

There are five unavoidable givens, five immutable facts that come to visit ALL of us many times over:

1. Everything changes and ends.

2. Things do not always go according to plan.

3. Life is not always fair.

4. Pain is part of life.

5. People are not loving and loyal all the time.

especially for guys who have been dumped ...

i strongly recommend reading pickup and seduction books like:

The Game

Art of Seduction

Way of the Superior Man

Carlos Xuma, David DeAngelo eBooks (inner game stuff)

most of them are entertaining and funny!! reading them made me stop thinking about the ex and start focusing on my next relationship/s ...

not only that, you'll probably understand the real reasons why she left you or cheated on you ... regardless of what she "said" the reason for dumping you is ...