Feeling empty at my current job...new career ahead?

Hey guys,

I'm currently working as an Internal Auditor (9 months now), but I'm very unsure that I could see myself doing this for the rest of my life. When I first started college, I went for Radiology/Rad-Tech. Lately, it's been something that I've been pondering going back to school for. The healthcare field and helping people out has always appealed to me, and has always intrigued me.

The one obstacle that I'm thinking about personally is my age. I'm 25, and I feel old, lol. Should I be feeling this way? Is it too late for me to ponder this?

Has anyone else gone through this? Are you happier?

hahaha. No, you're not at all old, but the fact that you've had some time working means that you've had enough time to work out what you really want to do. Maybe you should spend a little more time in your curent job. to make sure you're making the correct choice and to avoid looking flaky on your CV.

I'm in a similar boat - I've just quit my job (yey!) to study for a Master's. I'm not switching career, but it'll provide me with the qualifications I need for a technical job in this sector. Don't yet know what the result will be, but I'm definitely happy to be moving on.

So make sure you're choosing a course that will maximise your employability in your chosen field, make sure you've thought your move through, and go for it. 25 is young

I know that I'll be taking a pay cut in the long run, but I'm not out there to get as much money as I can. I want to be in a field that I'm going to pour my heart and efforts into and be happy with it. I understand that my current job is a great opportunity, and that "I may be making a mistake," but I'm gonna do what makes me happy....

sucks that it's 2 more years of schooling though, lol.

Hey Blackberry,

I would make the change if I were you. You probably have some intuition about what would make you happier, so I would follow that route. I am going throught he same feelings a little bit. I am 36 and thinking about a career change into the medical field from the financial field and am confused over many things. It would be a step down in salary; I am kind of establised with a mortgage; and I am down about my current employer. I am trying to figure out my true level of interest.

Anyway, I wish you the best and you are not old at 25 by any means. Good luck.

Hi

Go for it. It is never too late to try.

I am quiting my job. I know my weakness is in communication skill, so I decided to take a Sales and Marketing job to train up my communication skills. Though, I know I may not like it very much, but it is a stepping stone for me towards my next goal.

I know that I'll be taking a pay cut in the long run, but I'm not out there to get as much money as I can. I want to be in a field that I'm going to pour my heart and efforts into and be happy with it. I understand that my current job is a great opportunity, and that "I may be making a mistake," but I'm gonna do what makes me happy....

sucks that it's 2 more years of schooling though, lol.

The healthcare business is a booming field. You make a lot of money as a tech, especially if you become a sonographer, or nuc med. (you may want to think about becoming a travelling tech with a big agency) However, if you are thinking of becoming a plain films tech, (ie: shooting chests, arms, legs) you may take a pay cut there. Hospitals are always going to need techs, of any speciality and the community is always going to need hospitals, so you're fulfilling both their needs.