Any karmic justice stories out there?

Cherishluv

Hey everyone:

I was wondering if anyone had any good, but true "karmic justice" stories about their ex or someone elses ex or relationship (you know, how they got their just reward). I could sure use a good inspirational story right now. It seems like my soon to be ex, despite everything that he has done is not suffering one bit. I have to (no scratch that I need to) believe that what goes around surely will come back around. If you know of something, please share. I guess i'm feeling a little down right now as my pain is relatively new just a month old, moving directly into a divorce, no separation, no negotiation.

cherish

I am not sure how I would really define what Karma is. But the way I think on things is .... " what goes around comes around", or the eventually people will " reap what they sow".

I was in a relationship with a guy for 18 months. I found out that he had cheated on me , not once but three times while we were together.

I broke up with him after finding out all he had done to me and all the nasty games he had played behind my back.

Not too long after I broke up with this guy I heard that the woman he started seeing after I broke up with him had also kicked him to the curb.

I heard that the motor in his car blew up soon afterwards. AND, also that he had not paid his mortgage payment in so long that his home was being foreclosed on, and he was about to be homeless.

Also, while he was seeing this other woman he was skipping out on work to go to the next town to see her, so he lost his job and is now only employed on a day basis with a temp service.

Seems his life is less than desirable. Even though all that has happened to him has not been relationship related, he has suffered much negativity going on in his life since I broke it off with him.

I feel he is in some way suffering for his wrong doings in life. HE was a nasty rats butt >( used in place of the big "A" word ) . I feel he will continue to suffer misfortunes based on his own actions.

I can't think of any situations off the top of my head where a person has done the worng thing in a relationship and has then had the same done to them.

However, my parents got divorced when I was four after my father had numerous affairs during my parents marriage. He is now remarried, (I'm not sure how happily though, but that's not the karma part).

My mum got remarried herself three years ago to the most amazing man. He is generous, kind, thoughtful and treats her the way she deserves. I could go on and on about him. Often, my mum and I say that THAT'S her karma. She put up with such crap in her marriage and she's been paid back with the life she deserves. Maybe that's reverse karma ?

In Buddhist teaching, the law of karma, says only this: `for every event that occurs, there will follow another event whose existence was caused by the first, and this second event will be pleasant or unpleasant according as its cause was skillful or unskillful.' A skillful event is one that is not accompanied by craving, resistance or delusions; an unskillful event is one that is accompanied by any one of those things. (Events are not skillful in themselves, but are so called only in virtue of the mental events that occur with them.) thereforeeee, the law of Karma teaches that responsibility for unskillful actions is born by the person who commits them.

Karma, by definition, is an action that leads to a consequence, not the consequence itself. The reason Buddhists emphasize karma is to make it clear that each individual out there is in complete control of his/her life, and thus must take all the consequences of his/her actions too.

It's totally normal to wish that the ex would be able to experience a grain of the suffering that they have put you through. But if your ex made a lot of bad decisions and chose to do harmful things, the fact that he isn't wise enough to know better is the tragedy in itself, even if he doesn't "suffer the consequences."

If you are the one who has been wronged, not the one inflicting wrongs, then you are the wiser one, and that in itself is the prize.

Best wishes for your recovery.

Let's take an example of a sequence of events. An unpleasant sensation occurs. A thought arises that the source of the unpleasantness was a person. (This thought is a delusion; any decisions based upon it will thereforeeee be unskillful.) A thought arises that some past sensations of unpleasantness issued from this same person. (This thought is a further delusion.) This is followed by a willful decision to speak words that will produce an unpleasant sensation in that which is perceived as a person. (This decision is an act of hostility. Of all the events described so far, only this is called a karma.) Words are carefully chosen in the hopes that when heard they will cause pain. The words are pronounced aloud. (This is the execution of the decision to be hostile. It may also be classed as a kind of karma, although technically it is an after-karma.) There is a visual sensation of a furrowed brow and downturned mouth. The thought arises that the other person's face is frowning. The thought arises that the other person's feelings were hurt. There is a fleeting joyful feeling of success in knowing that one has scored a damaging verbal blow. Eventually (perhaps much later) there is an unpleasant sensation of regret, perhaps taking the form of a sensation of fear that the perceived enemy may retaliate, or perhaps taking the form of remorse on having acted impetuously, like an immature child, and hping that no one will remember this childish action. (This regret or fear is the unpleasant ripening of the karma, the unskillful decision to inflict pain through words.)

If there are no persons at all, then there is no self and no other. There is no distinction between pain of which there is direct sensual awareness (which is conventionally called one's own pain) and pain that is known through inference (conventionally called another person's pain). Whether pain is known directly or indirectly, there is either an urge to quell it or an urge to cultivate it. Whether joy is known directly or indirectly, there is either an urge to nourish it or to quell it. In the conventional language of speaking of events personally, the urge to quell all pain and to nourish all joy is known as being ethical or skillful or (if you like) good. The urge to nourish pain and quell joy is known as being unskillful, unethical or bad.

Being fully ethical is said to be impossible for those who make a distinction between self and other and show preference for the perceived self over the perceived other, for such perceptions inhibit being fully responsive. Being fully ethical is possible only for those who realize that all persons are empty, that is, devoid of personhood.

my uncle got screwed in the divorce settlement but with his ex-wife. She got the house, alimony, the whole nine yards.

He finally got fed up with making payments to her so negotiated a settlement with her that wiped everything clean. He had to take out a loan to do it.

So my uncle goes to Vegas to enjoy his freedom from her even if he is paying a bank for that freedom.

He wins one of those dang slot machine jackpots for about half a million bucks.

Paid off his bank loan and has money left over. Ex-wife hears of his winnings and tries to get a piece of it but can't, she signed off on their deal. She still owes on their house, she refinanced and is in hock to her ears. Spent the money she got from him.

one of my first loves cheated and humiliated me - he is now going through a type of depression which is bad for him but he left me devestated. His head games were not of a decent person - we were friends till a few years ago when his treatment of me as a friend was incorrect and i have let go.

Is this karma?