i've lost 15 lbs since i joined cross country. i was already underweight.

before i joined cross country i was atleast 145 lbs. since then, it has dropped to 130. this is nowhere near healthy for my height (6'3"), and needs to be fixed.

problem is, i've been having trouble gaining weight for almost my entire life! i have a high metabolism, and it's obvious that cross country is going to burn a lot more calories than the norm.

i haven't confronted my coach about this, but only because i just learned about my condition after school.

what should i do?

burritos and peanut butter & jelly sandwhiches......those never fail to help me pack on the pounds! hahah except i'm not intentionally trying to gain but in all seriousness, you should probably see a nutritionist and they will decide what you can do to get to a healthier weight. god i'm so jealous of people with fast metabolism! ha

and carbs are great since people hate them.

^^^^^^^^^^^

If you are seriously considering gaining weight and muscle mass, you will probably have to quit cross country. Lifting weights, then doing that amount of cardio will be counter productive and leave you extremely fatigued and frustrated. Spend the money and see a nutritionalist. Then get a good workout routine. Lots of protein and high weight/low reps.

I agree with the eating more calories, just make sure they are "good" calories, not a bunch of fat You don't want to add heart problems to the list. I also agree with what everyone else is saying about seeing a nutritionalist...those people obviously know better. In the meantime, keep an eye out for high calorie protein bars. You can actually make some yourself that are extremely healthy, that can get you 2000 calories. Milkshakes are always good too.