Everybody Already In A Relationship?

Prezkot

It seems like every girl I ever meet I find out one way or another beforehand that she's in a long-term relationship. This happens like 4 out of 5 times, and alot more often than out of sheer rejection. I know what they say is legit by the off-hand way they (or a 3rd party) tell me and not because they're trying to "turn me down gently", especially considering most of them seem to have been with the same guy for like 2 years. But maybe because I don't bar/club hopping much and not in high school it just seems like every good woman I run into (and I'm only 21) is steadily in a relationship?

Does this happen as often to anyone else? I'm not necessarily looking for a serious relationship, but I'd like to go out with some single girls once in awhile without resorting to the internet...

True it's the Murphy's Law of dating, but this has been going on more or less for the last... I don't know how long, but probably since I started liking girls. To my credit I sort of ostracized myself in high school, but even since then finding single girls has been harder than it needs to be.

Just my observation, and just a sort of vent because it happened again this morning, haha...

LOL no wonder why so many weak-willed individuals cheat on each other...

Anyways, yeah just another case of getting along well with somebody, thinking of seeing if they're single and/or asking them out by the end of the day, then slamming on the brakes just in time when you hear in a group conversation that she's been dating a guy for the last 2 years and are looking at houses...

It's either too soon, too late, or never was with me. There's never that golden opportunity. Oh well, better luck another day I guess.

See, I've been doing some self-deducing and I've realized a large source of my problem is cultural.

I go to a community college and work at a retail store, both situations that don't require alot of moving and shaking.

thereforeeee, unlike a major university or travel job where even the "local" students have to relocate and sort of have no choice but to bond with their roommates/fellow students, people who attend community college pick one out of vicinity needs, not academic needs. Meaning, they still live close to where they know, and most likely still have major contact with the relationships they have had in high school and the like.

Also unlike many university students, the ratio of full-time jobs are alot higher. So most community college students are plenty happy just to get by juggling a full workload, school, a few old friends and a romantic relationship. Same goes for co-workers I've had in retail (but I only work part-time).

So whether it's fair or not, it sort of leaves me out in the cold when the girls (and even potential male friends) aren't even expected to put any effort into meeting new people.

Maybe things will change, maybe they won't. I'm just trying to live and figure my life out, day by day after day...