Crisis action survey :changes:

If you didn't have any idea what to do with your life- which way to go- nothing you did increased the feeling in your heart that you were on the right track. Everything feels wrong. Nothing is clear-who to be friends with- who to trust- who to be close to- if you were completely lost with no idea of which way to turn -then you were offered two things----

1. You can make one change in your life- of any type

2. You can ask "God" one question and you will get a true answer.

What would you do and what question would you ask?? (triteness will result in eternal damnation)

My option would be number two. If God gave me a definitive answer to it all then it would make so much more sense!

By the way Happytown, I never told you that I like that photo in your avatar...it is great.

Thanks very much!! Actually you have a really cool picture too!!

But what question would you ask- I mean- it's really not that easy. It's a hypothetical situation- but if you really were there.. what would you ask??

I always freak out when I watch Meet Joe Black and Anthony Hopkins asks "will I die?"

Anyway its a really difficult question to think of I think. Making a change is easier.

What question WOULDN'T I ask God? lol

I would ask...

1.) Why did you make all the religions?

2.) Why not one definitive answer to the stairway to heaven?

3.) Why did you make me born in Texas? Why not San Francisco or Seattle?

4.) Why did it take me so long to finally figure out what I wanted to do with my life?

5.) WHY?(to everything)

Yes, 'WHY' would be my definitive question...

Thats 4 too many!! I'm asking because I was talking to someone about prayer (i've never really prayed I dont have a religious upbringing) and this person said they ask questions when they pray- and if it's an honest question then they get an honest answer honest answer. And sometimes I've tried it and it was really effective but generally I have no idea what to ask.

Big questions like "why?" - am I gonna understand the answer?

Why was I born in Texas?? LOL!! I've seen Dallas it cant be that bad!!

Thats 4 too many!! I'm asking because I was talking to someone about prayer (i've never really prayed I dont have a religious upbringing) and this person said they ask questions when they pray- and if it's an honest question then they get an honest answer honest answer. And sometimes I've tried it and it was really effective but generally I have no idea what to ask.

Big questions like "why?" - am I gonna understand the answer?

Why was I born in Texas?? LOL!! I've seen Dallas it cant be that bad!!

Happytown, could you sort of explain the question better? lol. I think we have been confused...

Are we supposed to answer BOTH of the questions...

At this point I am agnostic in beliefs regarding religion...And basically I wanna know some things from god...

i understood your question perfectly, happytown. my response was meant to illustrate an oft-overlooked point among the introspective: that sometimes it's not a fault within ourselves but forces of external origin which blow us the farthest off course. in my case--and i realize that this sounds arrogant, but i will not fall prey to false modesty--those forces are the people with whom i am obliged to interact. perhaps it is the same for you; perhaps not. you asked what WE would do.

i'm sorry if my original answer seemed opaque or out of synch.

i understood your question perfectly, happytown. my response was meant to illustrate an oft-overlooked point among the introspective: that sometimes it's not a fault within ourselves but forces of external origin which blow us the farthest off course. in my case--and i realize that this sounds arrogant, but i will not fall prey to false modesty--those forces are the people with whom i am obliged to interact. perhaps it is the same for you; perhaps not. you asked what WE would do.

i'm sorry if my original answer seemed opaque or out of synch.

No I think I understood your first answer!! I was really shocked cos I honestly felt really confused about what everyone was saying.

I would love to push away the bad people and influences my life too- but I think I would be alone!!!LOL Which leads me to believe its probably me and not them. My King of the hill complex means I get easily offended.