Advice needed and venting a little :)

Hi all,

I can't believe it's been over a year since my break up. As most would say, time does heal...I feel much better and have dated on and off. Out of the blue and old school crush of mine looked me up and we hit it off. We were dating for about the last 4 months. Everything was incredible, stopped thinking about my ex all together. Well I started making plans with my new girlfriend as far as talking about long term, etc. It was actually her idea and it just felt 'right', but I still wanted to take it slow to see how things progressed. So she'd call me every day, actually said that she loved me and always had and was so glad that the timing was right and we were so happy to be with each other after all of this time. I thought this may be it, this is what my break up a year ago was for; so I can meet my old crush. Well things changed drastically with her, bottom line she ends up running off with a "Doctor Friend" of hers. I was crushed all over again. I knew to let this one go, followed all of the advice I've learned from this site, told her I cared and was very upset that she went out like this, etc and let her go, straight NC!...but of course the feeling of my ex from a year ago start seeping back into my mind. A close loved one of mine told me that they saw her a week ago with another guy, I was crushed...perhaps I still do have feelings deep down for her. The guy she was with was apprently just a friend of hers and that she was still single and dating; just hanging out with him, guy friend I suppose. I still felt that deep sinking feeling in my heart. Well, I'm still moving on, thought I'd give an update, and see what kind of advice I get regarding my recent breakup and of course my old ex from a year ago who I think I still have deep feelings for. Thanks as always...take care.

OCD

Honestly, I think you miss being with someone.

But through all your emotional travels so far, have you learned to be with yourself? Have you learned to be fun and happy being alone? Maybe if you make a conscious effort to "stay single" for a bit, you might stumble accidentally onto something you never expected...

Thanks for the response, yes sure, I'm fine being by myself. After my break up a year ago, I started dating to get my mind off my ex. It actually worked for a bit. After finally figuring out that I might be searching too hard, I gave up the whole dating scene. Figured I needed to be single for a while...after a few months of that all of a sudden my school crush pops into my life out of now where...then 4 months later the crash and burn there. So yes, I'm staying single for a little while, pulling back the reigns on dating etc...and just letting life happen. Thanks for the advice

OCD

Girl No 2 was probably not worth it!

Thanks Midgi, yes girl #2 was all about money. Interesting she'd tell me that she wanted a family with me, I was the love of her life, then she runs off with a doctor? Yes, she wasn't worth it after all. I'm moving forward, getting over it, but still have those feelings deep down for my ex from a year ago, perhaps she isn't right for me either. I know I can't contact her yet, still not ready...something will work out, it usually does

OCD

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, it's been a while. I saw my ex from a year ago yesterday in passing. She was smiling as we passed each other. I haven't seen her in about 10 months, crazy how it's been that long. She sort of rubber necked as we passed and I just sort of noded my head, smiled as we passed each other, didn't say a word.

Of course I thought about her most of the night, asking myself questions whether she was still thinking about me, if she has a new boyfriend, etc...I do miss her and realized how much I missed after seeing her. Although i do feel ten times better then after the break up, she is still in my heart. We dated for 2 years and had plans to marry, but she ended up leaving me for no apparent reason, just vanished. I've thought about contacting her, but figured I'm still not ready because I do still have feelings for her and don't want to get hurt all over again.

I just wanted to come on here, give an update, vent a little, and hopefully I'll have another chance with her, but I suppose that she needs to initiate that...correct? If it's meant to be it will be and time does heal wounds. I am a different person in some ways. Dated and had another girlfriend for a while there...I've stopped thinking that I'll get another chance, but deep down I haven't given up hope...Thanks

OCD