To thine own self be true

What do you guys think qualifies as "being true to yourself?" I've been a little confused lately, because I found that some of my values have changed, and definitely some of my interests. I realize that it's natural for those things to morph over time, but I'm wondering where to draw the line between changing as a result of maturing and gaining new experiences and changing due to being a generally weak person who doesn't have a strong sense of self?

Agreed. I remember when I left a lot of myself behind in my later teen years. I didn't know if I changed, grew up, or what. Now I'm realizing a few things about myself and a lot of who I was BACK THEN came back.

Losing yourself however, well that depends. I do believe we all go through transformations throughout our lives early OR late. However... if a part of you is gone, a belief, moral, or close interest, that's not a weakness. However... you are making the choice of letting a part of you die... and no matter the reason... it feels horrible no matter what.

Sticking to your guns and your values regardless of what people say or think. Not being wishy washy and just following the crowd or doing things to fit in and please others. eg if you are a talented artist but everyone says do some boring job you don't want to do and ignore your passion that would not be being true to yourself.