You can go to the movies!! is dark in there, and the movie is the main focus. Besides is not considered gay watching a movie together with another guy. (at least not in here)

And talk about anything, whatever comes to your mind. That cool Seinfeld rerun you saw earlier that day, that interesting book you've been reading... really don't worry too much about that, IMO having a date where you've scripted what you'll say is kind of... dunno, boring?

Good luck!

Ah yes the dreaded first date. I hate those too. Best thing for someone who is concerned like your new friend ask him where he is most comfortable going or set up a meeting spot in a gay positive part of town.

or just go for a coffee its simple its nutral and you can just talk about anything you want.

The main thing is try not to be so concerned about being spoted as gay because you will do so much to cover it up that it will be so obvious to everyone else. Another thing go somewhere outside of both your neighberhods where no one knows you but be careful because you havent met this person before if things go south you want to know where you are and how to get outta there thats why a coffee shop is best its well lit and always people around to help you out

hope this helps.

Good advice, we spoke again last night and we're going to a popular mall this saturday. There's plenty of coffee shops and restaurants to go to and a few interesting stores to wander around. It's about half way between his and my home so it's neutral ground but it's somewhere we've both been to before.

Isn't it strange though, you see two women or two men eating at the same table or sharing a drink and you think nothing of it. Yet I asume that everyone will think that I'm gay.

Glad to hear you have a battle plan and your right, it is odd, we see 2 guys or girls being together think nothing of it.

I guess that just goes to show that Homophobia is still prelevent even in societies who state they accept people for being gay.

Hope all goes well for you!

Ok......so......

Not trying to read too much into this but my date cancelled at the last minute. Obviously feeling a little dissappointed, his reason being he didn't get to bed until 5am and so didn't get up again until 1pm. Sounds reasonable but that still left him with almost three hours to get showered, dressed and travel time to get to the meeting place.

Is this a case of cold feet?, he's never been exactly enthusiastic but he said he really wanted to meet up so I was happy to go along.

He did contact me to apologise but I'm afraid I was quite abrupt with him. My day wasn't a good one and his change of mind put me in a bad mood.

Should I cut my losses?

A little extra info, for some as yet unknown reason he removed all the little thumbs up, winks and "I like you" icons he pinned to my profile. Can't think what I did to make him do this as we were fine yesterday evening.