trying to attract a girl at work

She works on another department in the office and I liked her from the start. Today was the first time I really spoke to her, but I felt I did OK and I'm slowly getting a slight connection.

Making her feel attracted to me is difficult though, firstly because I'm very self conscious at work and secondly because she's always with a group of others.

I want to get to know her, but don't want it to end in humiliation for me. Somehow I need to be able to chat to her on a more one to one basis, then drop a few hints maybe. Somehow I feel the ice needs to be broken a bit more.

Any advice much appreciated.

Thanks

Cal.

Forget being subtle, get on the case. Go to her department, find her, and have a conversation with her. If you have to talk to her in a group, focus everyone out of the conversation and talk with her one on one in front of everyone else. Most likely you'll be pressed for time, so get her phone number and you can continue the conversation after work.

Forget being subtle, get on the case. Go to her department, find her, and have a conversation with her. If you have to talk to her in a group, focus everyone out of the conversation and talk with her one on one in front of everyone else. Most likely you'll be pressed for time, so get her phone number and you can continue the conversation after work.

While I usually favor the straight forward approach like you have suggested here, I would tend to favor subtlety in the workplace because the straight forward approach could get a quick complaint of sexual harassment. I see it happen all the time.

If he approaches her and talks about work or her job, (and based on how receptive she is to conversation) that should give him and indication on whether he can take it to the next step and move in for the kill. Check out the ring finger, see if pictures of a boyfriend are on her desk, etc.

Her being in a group isnt nessisarily a bad thing, ideally someone you know would be part of the group, and you could easily be introduced to her. It would be an easy ice breaker.

Another thng alot of guys do not seem to realise is girls notice how you interact with others. Your genuine personality shines though when you are not trying so hard to impress someone.