How could I cheer myself up?

I think watching Cool boogie down would cheer anyone up!

I don't know if you're male or female...but when I'm sad I get my hair and nails done. It makes me soooooo happy, I really don't know why. When I went through a heartbreak last year, I started going to the gym to make myself feel good...and got so into working out that now I'm a personal trainer! Working out definitely helps, and anyone can do it.

I watch silly sitcoms when I am down. For future periods of feeling down, write yourself a 'rainy day letter' when you feel better. This is a letter to yourself in which you can describe the good sides of yourself, your life and your former choices. I did so when my first job ended after a month and I became a phd researcher. It's a tough kind of career in science, so when I feel stuck in a paper, I will read why I was so unhappy about the other job and why I always wanted this type of career. It helps me get through the darker days. As soon as you feel happy again, sit down and write about it. Read back when you feel down again. Other things that REALLY help are yoga/tai chi exercises for relaxation, going to swim, taking a long shower and shaving, putting cream on, doing your nails (ah, all girly stuff).

Take care,

Ilse