here's the thing, this girl i'm currently dating and i last went out saturday night and i sent her an email last night saying i wanted to start a relationship together and haven't heard from her, one of our friends (who is like a sister to me) said i really needed to talk to her, and that just got me really scared right then and there and i kept asking her why, and if it was bad, and she said no just talk to her, so i ended up calling her, and i got her voice mail and just left her a message saying to get me back some time, and i'm still afraid, because i don't know what all this is about

Don't listen to other people in this case. Talk to your date and find out what she is feeling. No one but her can tell you what's going on.

I agree with Melrich. Also, when was it that you called and left her this voicemail message? If it has only been a short while ago, maybe she has not had a chance to call you yet.

How many times have you and this girl been out on dates? Also what is her age? I am asking questions because I am trying to get a feel of the situation and look at it from a young females view point. I am 48 now, but I certainly have been through the dating stuff "way back in the day" as my son calls it. LOL