What is chemistry ?

Hey all

Ur probably thinking what a silly question this girl has asked...lol

So is it a feeling bewteen a man and women, how do you know if you have it with a guy...

Butterflies in stomach?

Is it a feeling of connection, how do you know if there is chemistry ?

To me, chemistry is the feeling of butterflies in the stomach.

It is the feeling that being with the SO is like a ray of sunshine in your life.

Brings on tingly feelings inside you. Makes you feel warm and loved.

The both of you "clicking" in so many ways, sharing in stuff, etc.

Something that brings a smile to your face when you fall asleep at night thinking about the person.

I think it requires a few things. A little tension, you have to wonder if they want you, like you, etc. Both need to feel some tension. The ability to share something, talking, interests, etc. It has to be mutual, one way does not work for the spark to occur. And the tension needs to get released, at least a little, which will make both feel emotionally high.

Can you tell if that person has it for you?

Im just so peeved at the mo..a little confused at the mo even.

I feel all of that for a guy, apparently it was mutual ..we met up my god i have never felt so at ease around a guy so comfortable..cut a long story short i didnt go back to his place that nite.

Hes has shown interest since sort of till seems 'into me' answers my calls txts still calls me, tells me he wants time with me but wont see me.

I had enough of the pulling and pushing you like me or you dont..he brought up that 'I' wasnt feeling the same 'chemistry' he had for me...if the feeling was mutual and we were in the same ' head place'..id of wanted the niight not to end that 1st eve we met up...IS HE RIGHT?

Anyway ive hi jacked my own thread here..lol thanx for your views!

Hmmm, he seems to be exerting pressure for sex, or mad that he did not get it. That's not good. I learned long ago my quickest way into bed with a woman was not to rush her.

I might, if you still interested, tell him: I'm interested, or I was, if you are not anymore, fine, but if you are, you know where to find me, don't wait too long or I may be gone; and, don't rush me, if it happens, it happens, but it will only happen when I am ready, but I'm worth waiting for (and of course, when you get there, be worth it).

He said i set the tone for a friendship after that night, i dont believe i did.

Can a guy go from feeling a chemistry for more , go into a friendship with the same girl...and keep it friendship?

Hes now throwin it in my face hes found 'the one' (he says, not very convincingly though) not me coz i apparently missed my chance, So i said good for you and have left it like that after stressing that i still felt the way i always had..Ball is in his court now.

Can you friendzone someone u felt such a strong chemistry for?

If he tries to contact you, let him, be friendly, etc., but also act as if you think he was stupid and foolish for passing up what would have been a damn good thing. Keep thinking, now some other guy is going to get really lucky.

Very funny Dara (chemistry major must be hard...)

To me, I think of 'chemistry' as being in-love with someone (compared to infatuation or a crush), and is the feeling that you want to be with them forever, never leave their side and that they're the best person in the world. I think it got the nickname chemistry because it's caused by endorphins released in the brain, which make you 'feel good' around them, which I guess is the butterfly-in-your-stomach feeling.

Wow all these views are great!

So, is it easily lost as it might be gained with someone?

OR is chemistry something that is not so easily lost between two people..

Is there is something significant that separates a person just being infatuated with you and them having chemistry with you.?

Questions questions i know!

It's very easily lost. I've had it and lost it dozens and dozens of times.

Humans like other animals follow a mating dance. We follow a definite pattern of interactions, in a definite order, before we pair off and mate, before we date and make out, for example, which we do before, we move on to sex, etc.

The pattern can move along at a faster or slower pace.

But screw up one thing, get one thing out of order, miss one step, and the couple will not get together. Unless, the back up a number of steps further than one which got messed up and restart the pattern.

What separates a person's simple infatuation with another person from chemistry is that it's mutual. Someone can want me, but there's not chemistry unless I want them. Chemistry only exists when we are being seduced as we seduce.

Like I said before, I think the "chemistry" feeling is a result of neurochemicals, and different ones from those responsible from infatuation, so I do think they're completely different, and those chemicals eventually run out, so it's easily lost as well, but the relationship can still be maintains, only now it actually requires effort because both people aren't pretty much drugged up on each other. My opinion, anyway.

Like I said before, I think the "chemistry" feeling is a result of neurochemicals, and different ones from those responsible from infatuation, so I do think they're completely different, and those chemicals eventually run out, so it's easily lost as well, but the relationship can still be maintains, only now it actually requires effort because both people aren't pretty much drugged up on each other. My opinion, anyway.

Hmm i guess thats when u see wether or not that bond is tight enough to stand a relationship