I keep giving up... dunno wat do do

I dont wana come in here and sound like a complainer all the time, but i jus keep giving up, jus when some light is shun on my life and i try to improve it something happens that jus makes me give up, i been trying to improve myself but people keep getting in the way, which is why sometimes i hate people so much. Im a real shy person im not gonna lie, i been trying to open up more, been trying to get into the dating scene, talk to people, improve my social skills..but nothing, im the same old, i feel the same way..i cant seem to get passed a hi, to people im boring, maybe i was jus born to lose... whatever it is i feel like im in a maze that i will never find the way out...i think i need professional help cuz ontop of that im real depressed about life.

Hey, don't give up. I am usually a shy person too, and its ok to be shy. The thing is you are looking at life in such a dark way, and all that is doing is making you feel worse. Trust me, I used to be there. I used to be so negative. So the first thing you need to do is find 5 things to be thankful for every day. Write them down. Secondly, you need to reflect on what your interests are. When you are alone what kinds of things do you like to do? And don't just spend tons of time watching tv/playing games, etc, find something you can work on, learn a musical instrument, do some sketching, or some writing. It will make you feel so much better. If you have some close friends lean on them for support. Talk to the people here on this site. Its ok to get depressed its just a matter of finding someone to listen, maybe even try counselling, you could find a good counsellor that will help you sort out your feelings and emotions. HOpe you feel better.

Hey, I really do know how you feel you know. I was always real shy. Always worried I would make the wrong move and look like an idiot, that someone else who seems to have everything so great would make fun of me, or try to get me down. The thing is they worry about stuff like that too, they just hide it better, or put down other people to keep themselves up.

Here is what you do. First, make sure what you are trying to do feels like the right thing, whatever it is. Part of confidence is knowing why you are doing what you are doing, if you believe in it, you can defend it no matter what.

Second, forget what everyone else thinks or says. It is a tough thing to do sometimes. Everyone wants to be liked, and agreed with. Unfortunately, that is just not going to happen sometimes. You have to be willing to say "Screw off!" to those who may criticize or judge you for something you do. You don't have to fight them, or anything. Just don't worry about them.

One of my favorite quotes is, "Have a Beautiful Trainwreck". Basically meaning sometimes there is something that you want to do, or try to do, and everything in you is telling you it could end badly. Do it anyways! Jump in with both feet, if you fail, so what at least you did it big, with heart. You didn't half * * * it, you had a beautiful trainwreck. The thing is, sometime, it is going to work out the way you want, more often than you think.

The thing is when you screw up, you learn, when you screw up again, you learn more. Do not be afraid to screw up. It is going to happen, the people who make fun of you now for screwing up, will look up to you later for doing what you believed in, again, and again, and again.

Nobody is perfect, why not get really good at not being perfect.