I went to talk to a thearapist today regarding the problems I've been having in life with work and depression. She was a nice young woman, probably a 3-4 older than me. The session lasted an hour, and during that time she happen to ask me if I was dating anyone, and I explained that I had never dated.

Anyway, it was nice to talk to someone about my problems, but when I got home, I realized that I felt attracted to the therapist, not really because she had asked me about dating, but I guess just because of the connection resulting from me telling her all of my problems and having her listen to me. Of course she isn't attracted to me. Of course there's nothing really there and nothing is going to happen, but I can't seem to control such feelings.

It frustrates me because this happens a lot and it is essentially pointless or even harmful. Why is it that when any female that gets remotely (and innocently) close to me, I automatically seem to gain this emotional attachment to them?

You are from Laramie, WY. That explains why you are not dating anyone! Actually, I'm from WY myself, so I can make the Wyoming jokes.

Sometimes people have issues with intimacy and developing close relationships with another person. This is how I am and I'm currently in counseling right now to work on my relationships and develop some balance in my life. It's nothing to be ashamed about and probably happens more often than you would think. It is going to take some time and work to improve your life in this area. You just have to put yourself out there in social situations.