Is sexual frustration released through dry sex?

Hey,

I need things explained My boyfriend knows I'm a virgin (and likes this fact about me) so he's said that he won't pressure me into anything etc. and he knows I'm not up for sex anytime soon.

There's just one thing I don't quite understand, why does he look forward to our heavy makeout sessions so much, if he knows it wont lead to sex? Because I once read in someones post that heavy makeout sessions can be quite frustrating... Last time it was about an hour, and it was dry sex, he fingered me, and touching everywhere etc (I was too nervous about going down on him though). Does this kind of thing release a guys sexual frustration? If not, then why does he like it so much and mention looking forward to it? (He's not a virgin). I even mentioned afterwards, 'I really don't want to disappoint you', and he was like 'don't be silly'.

Basically, I can't figure out this contradictory thing of making out and touching without full-on sex being frustrating, but my boyfriend looking very much forward to it. Can anyone explain this to me please? Thanks xXx

It's the closest he can get to actually penetrating you. Listen, us guys are very sexual beings; any form of touching and humping is very stimulating to us. Until he actual starts to have sex with you, this is his only form of sexual satisfaction with you.

BUT, I'm sure it is NOT a complete form of sexual release. I myself can not truly be relieved unless I have ejaculated in one form or another (vaginal, oral sex).

I, myself cannot be "released" through dry sex...it would have to go further or she'd have to go down on me. But like your b/f, I really look forward to it too when I'm with a girl. Truthfully, before I lost my virginity, this girl and I would mess around a lot like you and your b/f do, and push it really far without actually having sex. She would usually get some sort of release, and I wouldn't...painfully to be honest lol. See...after like a few hours of messing around, guys get blue balls(dont know if you've heard that before or not)...but it's basically when a guy's been hard for a long time without releasing...and it's painful. It sucks, but from my point of view, I didn't really care, I really liked and enjoyed what I was doing with her to a point where I didn't mind getting it at all.

I was somewhat frustrated, but not to a point where I was mad about it really, I cared more about her than myself when it came to that...like your b/f probably does. The only thing I could suggest...is just, if you'd like, at your own pace...find a way to become more comfortable with him, and maybe perform oral on him if you really want to have him enjoy it even more.

I think that you have almost reasoned out the answer to your own question..

Of course he likes it, I mean the evidence is right there straining to get out of his pants... As for if it realeases frustration or not, the answer is that it does a little. The best sex I ever had was when my partner built me up to almost orgasm over and over and over but would stop just before i crested. After about the 8th time he finished me and I literally thought I would faint...

The waiting and the build up make the final product better, maybe he knows that.

Some people also just really get off on the rush. That build up to sex is almost as satisfying as the full on assault, and it seems that is he considerate of your need to wait so maybe he is just gorging on the fruit at hand since he can't have the cherry in the basket (pardon my fruit puns, I am hungry)...

If you are ok with the level of petting that you two are at and enjoy it as much as he seems to, then don't stress the small stuff. There are ways for him to take care of himself later if he feels he needs to, and possibly he is just a good guy and is trying to let you get comfortable with the touchy-feely before you explore what else you might be ready for....

He sounds really sweet! Yeah, he might sometimes feel a kind of frustration, but he doesn't seem worried about it. You probably shouldn't be either. Don't worry about having to go farther, since it seems like the last thing he wants to do is pressure you. Just go at your own pace.

• 3 months later...