This all started on a recent trip to New York, it was a school trip, and I will be a sophmore and she will be a senior next year, but I am good friends with one of her close friends, so I just went with them to wherever, I figured they would hate it, because I wouldn't know how they would react to me being with them, but they seemed to take me well.

The girl and I started feeling a mutual attraction during this trip, but it didn't start going anywhere (well it still hasn't with baseball and softball going on) until we got home where we've started to talk more and more about personal stuff, we had a conversation tonight, where I finally said to her I thought I felt something more than just a friend, she said she might feel the same, but the thing is that we really haven't hung out with the crazy schedules around sports and work, but the seasons are almost over, so that should straighten things out, I told her I didn't want to rush things so either of us get hurt or get into something we don't want to.

Could you offer me any tips or suggestions? sorry for the rant, but I felt it was needed

Well I don't really get what your asking but I'll tell you what I can, since you both have crazy scheduals I think that you should try to work around it like maybe after your practice and whatever shes doing you should just go somewhere anywhere and just hang out and get to know each other cause if you procrastinate long enough she'll get bored with waiting (trust me it happens) and try to find better options. If you really like her you need to show her that by trying to spend every moment you can together (without suffocating her or making her feel like your being clingy)

we as in we are trying to get something to work out, and it's been a while since i've gone on an actual date and i need some tips on how to start a conversation, because i know it's a lot different than when i was just playing the field.....thanks

Ask her questions about herself. Find out what her hobbies are and get her talking about them. Get her talking about things she enjoys doing and then talk about doing them with her sometime. Stay off topics about y our car, blood, guts, the war, abortion, relationships, etc as those are bad topics and too serious. Be light, funny, flirty, and fun. Leave the date having learned far more about her than she did about you.