they only want one thing

LostInMyThoughts you said this.....

"I'll let you in on a secret, all us guys are like that. Many guys here will say they are not, but in reality they are. It's no excuse for our behavior, but you should be aware that we are all like that."

sorry dude, thats simply not true, there are plenty of guys out there such as myself that are NOT like that.

dragonzeyes

not much i can say to that. women like me hide out because of all the rotten guys who have hurt me. and then whenever i do decide to emerge even for a moment, it's the same guys who come to me and hurt me all over again. that's where i hide. man, i'm lonely.

LostInMyThoughts you said this.....

"I'll let you in on a secret, all us guys are like that. Many guys here will say they are not, but in reality they are. It's no excuse for our behavior, but you should be aware that we are all like that."

sorry dude, thats simply not true, there are plenty of guys out there such as myself that are NOT like that.

second that. H'wood, good men do exist. i've even met a few. and (pardon the baseball metaphor here) although some people strike out on their first several times at bat, if they don't let that get them down and they keep stepping up to the plate then nearly all will eventually hit a home run.

slightlybent,

that's what they all say: it happens when you least expect it; eventually you'll find the right guy, etc. but what about in the meantime? what about that time in between when i have to deal with all these guys who only want me for sex, and the lonely times in between too? what about those times? i just want to stay in bed all day, i'm so incredibly depressed. no one wants me for me. and i keep going deeper and deeper into this pit of despair--- i don't think i'll ever get out.

loneliness can be crippling, i've been there. but my point was this: the only sure way to fail is to give up trying--a nasty self-fulfilling prophecy.

and i know i'll get hit with a wall of flame for saying this, but since you have a computer handy: after a period of trial and error i actually DID meet a couple of nice girls through internet dating sites, and as a female the odds are greatly stacked in your favor. you just have to have the stomach for weeding through a big bunch of hay to find the needles.

computer dating.... hmm.... i'm not sure i'm ready for that. i struck out ten times this year and i've informally promised myself that if ever i got to ten then i would give up on men and move on. and most of the time they just want to sleep with me anyway, so i think it's best that i not pursue anything right now, no matter how lonely i get. thanks for the suggestion though. i have a feeling it wouldn't work out anyway, as i have the worst luck with guys.

-H-

You know what? Maybe you should start being proactive and approach men that may not have the confidence to approach you. Some of those guys may like you for who you are and respect you and your boundaries. Dont sit around waiting for the right or wrong guy. Steer things your way.

I agree with other posts stating to explain your boundaries up front, such as only being intimate with your future husband, however you would word that. That will get rid of the players real quick!