Height

The average height of an American male is 5'9. So yeah, you would be considered tall.

Yea, it's true, then again it's just cultural differences. In other countries it must be different. 5"9", isn't that tall, well not to me (5"7" here), but somewhere 6"2" or 6"4" or above, then yea that's tall.

LOL! I was just thinking about this. I think that is average height for a man. The reason being is I too am 6'0" so that is my cut off point when dating. However, it seems some short men WANT a tall gal. I can't figure out why? I would be so uncomfortable with a shorter man but that is me.

6'0" your alright in my book

P.S. to all the shorter men I mean now harm with my comments about being shorter. So please don't take offense. If anything I wonder hy shorter men are attracted to taller women?

Well 6' is tall, but I would not consider it that tall overall.

While it is taller that "average" it's not huge or anything. I am 5'4" and my bf is 6'3"ish and is just perfect for me (I make a good chin rest too for him!). I have dated shorter men, and taller ones...and height is really one of the last things I even think about when it comes to someone I like!

Well 6' is tall, but I would not consider it that tall overall.

While it is taller that "average" it's not huge or anything. I am 5'4" and my bf is 6'3"ish and is just perfect for me (I make a good chin rest too for him!). I have dated shorter men, and taller ones...and height is really one of the last things I even think about when it comes to someone I like!

Well at 5'4" it would be my last concern too but with being 6'0" it is one of my main concerns when meeting someone. If under 6'0" I just would feel so uncomfortable. I mean 5'11" is ok but thats about it.

I would say that 6' or so is about typical or average. I do not consider it overly tall. My now late husband was 6' tall and it did not seem out of the norm for me.

My EX bf was 6'7'' which is what I would call really tall. I am used to average to tall guys in general. My dad is 6', my brothers are 6'4'' and 6'2" and my son is 6'2".

Hey guys (and by guys, i mean girls). I'm male, 17, and just over 6' tall (6.25-6.5). Is that considered tall? I always heard that it was really tall when i was younger, but i see a lot of ppl who are taller.

That's exactly my same height (6ft 1/4), which I really hate. This must be the main reason I'm having bad luck finding a relation, never even date not kiss

Seriously wish I was smaller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I see a lot of "average" 's an "not that tall" 's, dang, and here i was thinkin i was tall.

Actually at your age, I would consider that and average/ tall, and you will probaby grow a bit more the next few years.

My brother was about 6' tall when he was your age, and continued to grow until he was about 19 or 20 at which time he had reached 6'4''.

I'm 5'8 myself.

I think I'm short(even though it's only an inch below average), but I wouldn't change my height. I like it. I think short people have good equilibrium...haha.

But I think anything OVER 6 feet is "tall" when it comes to men. For a woman 5'8 and up is tall, in my opinion.

• 1 year later...

Tall is reletive. Different countries and different cities tend to have different average heights.

In the US, the average height is 5"9' as someone pointed out. Some countries in Europe have an average height of 6'2"!

Some races trend towards being taller or shorter as well it seems to me. The Asians in Vancouver tend to VERY short, so I am sure the average height in Vancouver is skewed shorter! I am 5'11" and I tower over much of the mall crowd!

So you are tall in some places, average in others and short in still others.